Pics of this weeks shoot. .308 and 6XC plus a few toys.

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

Norm

Pics of this weeks shoot. .308 and 6XC plus a few toys.

#1 Postby Norm » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Tubb 2000 .308 and 6XC Ideal for F-Class. Very accurate and shot well in wild conditions with the 115grain pills out of the 6XC. This rifle is now available direct from BMT in Melbourne now that they are the McMillan distributor.

Some others that were on display, they might not be suitable for F-Class, can you name them? These were also very accurate and a blast to shoot. Over $100K worth of rifles in this one photo and another $100K worth out the back.
All strictly legal and had law enforcement involvement for those concerned about the semi auto .50BMG

Quick

#2 Postby Quick » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Looks like you all had good fun Norm.

Side question, how available are 155gr DTACs here in australia?
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

westernsky

#3 Postby westernsky » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:47 pm

i reckon all those toys should be able to be used for f class. looks like alot of fun!
theres no such thing as too many rifles!

Norm

#4 Postby Norm » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 am

Quick wrote:Looks like you all had good fun Norm.

Side question, how available are 155gr DTACs here in australia?

Sorry Quick.
I have no idea. But can find out if you want some.
The 115gn 6mm pills are excellent.

Barry Davies

#5 Postby Barry Davies » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:19 am

I'm not a religious person but heaven forbid we ever see any of that equipment on the firing line of NRAA ranges in this country -- bad image.
Barry

Aubrey

#6 Postby Aubrey » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:39 am

Barry Davies wrote:I'm not a religious person but heaven forbid we ever see any of that equipment on the firing line of NRAA ranges in this country -- bad image.
Barry

Worrying about a bad image with whom? I don't believe our left wing enemies can tell the difference between these rifles and what we already have, it's all bad to them. There are several Tubb 2000 rifles on the firing line already, so not sure why anyone would even comment about their appearance or image.
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

Quick

#7 Postby Quick » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:47 am

Norm, Nah I dont want any. Im just wondering how easy they are to get. Im considering a 6mm or 6.5mm for my next rifle is all. And if I went 6mm, these would be projies I would use.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

fclass556

#8 Postby fclass556 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 am

Barry, this is what the average citizen who knows nothing about firearms and shooting in general think about us already .. Your fears and concerns are a bit late .............
'AIM TWICE .. SHOOT ONCE "

DannyS

#9 Postby DannyS » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:34 pm

The Tubb 2000 is probably ok, I think Barry is more likely referring to the 50 cals. Can't see much point in one, shooting a 50 cal at 1000 yards would be a bit like using a 308 at 100, would get a bit boring very quickly.

DannyS

#10 Postby DannyS » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:19 pm

fclass556 wrote:Barry, this is what the average citizen who knows nothing about firearms and shooting in general think about us already .. Your fears and concerns are a bit late .............

Hi fclass556, just because average joe citizen might have a certain opinion of us seems hardly any reason to confirm their misplaced view.

Aubrey

#11 Postby Aubrey » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:59 pm

[/quote]Hi fclass556, just because average joe citizen might have a certain opinion of us seems hardly any reason to confirm their misplaced view.[/quote]

Nor is it a reason to cringe like a bunch of nancy girls worried about what some f*ckwit might be saying behind our backs - time to grow some vertebrae.
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney

Barry Davies

#12 Postby Barry Davies » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Mr ( or Mrs ) average citizen has a perception base purely upon what they see, are told, and what they hear. If the average citizens think bad things about us then it's our own fault for allowing it to happen, and no, it's not too late to correct those misconceptions. I have yet to see any program instigated by our organizations that corrects that perception that firearms such as those pictured are anything but something sinister.
Danny is correct in what he says.
You only have to think about the recent episode with the two swimmers to know what the average joe's perception is. One reporter even referred to the crossed shotguns as similar to those used by Martin Bryant at Port Arthur. That episode highlights exactly what perception can do -- a bit of fun blown out of all proportion with a penalty being applied.
The anti gunners had a field day.
Regarding the photographs -- most of those firearms pictured are NOT what we use and hopefully never will be, but any uninformed person looking at this site ( and I have no doubt there are some ) would naturally think that they are normal for our disciplines.
I for one object to the photograph as it is far removed from the equipment we use and in no way promotes F Class which is what this site is about.
Barry

Aubrey

#13 Postby Aubrey » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Barry Davies wrote:I for one object to the photograph as it is far removed from the equipment we use and in no way promotes F Class which is what this site is about.
Barry

I see 2 things that are different - a Barrett (explained by the writer) and some muzzle breaks. The rest look like bolt action rifles with scopes and bipods. What am I missing? The long(er) actions, the heavier barrels? I just don't get the problem here.
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney

fclass556

#14 Postby fclass556 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:21 pm

G'day Aubrey .... Always the diplomat and the eternal optimist ..

ab uno disce omnes
'AIM TWICE .. SHOOT ONCE "

Norm

#15 Postby Norm » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Barry,
I respect your view on the subject and if you would like I can remove the second photo. I will not remove the first photo as the rifle is a world class competition rifle that is suitable for F-Class and is being used for F-Class.
As I said in the OP, some of the rifles might not be suitable for F-Class and that was said as a bit of an understatement on purpose.

I just thought the boys would like something a bit different to look at. Some of these rifles are quite rare in Australia. They are all legal and a few of them are actually owned by the government.

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”