Pimping - Hints and Tips

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

bruce moulds

#1 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:18 pm

further to the above statement, we have faced reality at lower light, and given up trying to shoot a 60.10, preferring instead to adopt the artform of pimping rifles.
we have elevated this artform to previously unheard of levels.
anyone interested in persuing rifle pimping should observe the south australian team in north queensland.
only one rule to pimping a rifle. it must be original. lack of originality is considered paramount to counterfeiting and frowned upon greatly.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

MROFD

#2 Postby MROFD » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Bruce, I think its time that you should maybe look at some additional pimping of your own.
As you are the 'SA Pimp Master', I fear you are slowly falling behind in the Pimp Race. I look forward to viewing your new range bling.
Safe Pimping \:D/

bruce moulds

#3 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:17 pm

yes matt,
sadly you are correct.
with old age comes lack of freshness of mind.
on the other hand, i am currently proud of the "funny gun".
its owner has shown a natural aptitude as a gun pimper, particularly considering the short time he has been in the job.
at the north queensland teams, be sure to get a south australian team member to point you to the "funny gun".
it could be just the inspiration you need to commence a long and satisfying carrreer as a gun pimp.
keep safe,
bruce.
p.s.
i cannot overpimp my gun, or it might detract from the stock.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:33 pm

Bruce,

SARA is leading the way trialling F/TR at the Queens. Is there any truth in the rumour that F-Pimp will be next? I'm looking forward to seeing the F-Pimp section in the SSRs...

Alan

bruce moulds

#5 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:44 pm

alan,
at this stage there will be no fpimp.
this is because gun pimping is an ephemeral art form, and no rules other than those self imposed can apply.
also it is an all discipline art form. we even have a tr rifle here with flames coming off the forend.
the main aim is to outdo previous pimps in a tasteful manner.
there is one guy here who thinks wearing a gold chain adds to the pimp ambience, but the rifle must be able to stand alone, on its own merit.
keep safe,
bruce.
ps
pity we can't have a pending set of rules for pimping, because it would liven up this website. you could have a seperate forum for it.
pps,
i would quite like to try shark or crocodile skin stock finish, but you would have to lay the scales in the right direction for it to track well. such a coating on a weatherby mk5 stock with some jewelled inleys sounds promising.

mike H

#6 Postby mike H » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:48 pm

I was wondering why the new interest in rifle decorating,or as you describe it,pimping,then it all came back to me. A few years ago at a SA Queens, I was told that some of the TR shooters had rifles that were quite disgusting in appearance, covered in dirt,sweat and oil,so bad that a couple of the ladies took the rifles and gave them a good clean up. Obviously F/class people are trying to avoid that stigma.
Mike.

bruce moulds

#7 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:03 pm

mike,
having been here and seen pimped rifles, you are in a good position to vouch for the tastefulness of this artform.
keep safe,
bruce.

ned kelly

#8 Postby ned kelly » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:41 am

G'Day all,
plenty of talk but now you've got to walk the walk................where are the photos so the rest of us can comment on best/worst pimp job?
:lol:
Cheerio Ned

ratshot

#9 Postby ratshot » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Well I shot like shit , but gees i looked good doing it....

bruce moulds

#10 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:05 pm

all the winner of the sara queens gets is a krieger barrel to take home.
i get to go home with a well pimped rifle.
incidentally, if someone out there thinks their rifle is too plain to pimp up,
the solution is there.
just paint the name "plain jane" on the stock.
add a few lapua stickers, and inlet some contrasting wood diamonds into the butt, and you are up and away.
keep safe,
bruce.

MROFD

VRA Queens Pimping

#11 Postby MROFD » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:29 pm

:cry: Bruce, I was quite dissapointed with all the Pimping efforts at the recent VRA Queens. Some of the rifles I viewed had quite good potential, though just seemed to lose their way with the crutial finishing stages of Pimping.
I also heard a whisper that a "Top Pimped Rifle" trophy was possibly being awarded in Mackay.? :lol:
Last edited by MROFD on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bruce moulds

#12 Postby bruce moulds » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:15 pm

matt,
thanks for the report. it verifies the rumours that the mexicalis lack imagination.
with regards the aforementioned tropy,
my money is on the "funny gun".
a nice added touch is that its owner wears a gold chain, but the judges should not take this into account though. hopefully they will see through this ruse, and judge the pimping purely on its own merit.
congrats on the win. rob must be very proud of you.
you are now ready for fopen at our queens with the ackley.
keep safe,
bruce.

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”