C.G MILLENIUM

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

Robert Chombart

C.G MILLENIUM

#1 Postby Robert Chombart » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:56 pm

The C.G. Millennium action is being revived – long-range enthusiasts, rejoice!
It is with great pleasure that I may announce that an agreement has been reached with ORPEN WAPENS (PTY) Ltd. in South Africa (www.orpenwapens.co.za) to manufacture the well-known C.G. MILLENNIUM, previously manufactured in New Zealand, in an updated version, including a single shot and a repeater models.
Ossie Penzhorn, the founder of the company, was at the time the Millennium importer in South Africa and the rifles he built around the action have proven their superiority in the major long-range disciplines.
The growing company is now managed by Ossie’s grandsons, who have both apprenticed under him for many years, and his input remains a vital key to the success of their current and future endeavours.
Both single shot (better adapted to new disciplines) and repeater versions now accept all aftermarket Remington-type triggers, while the C.G Model 22 will be the OEM.
The repeater model will be based on the Remington footprint, with an integrated recoil lug. Box magazines, bottom metals and stocks intended for this model fit the Millennium perfectly.
Several other improvements were added to the original design.
For the fans of the C.G creations and evolutions you are reminded that the Millennium is the generation that followed the C.G.-RPA Quadlock, and the repeater is the evolution of the Quadlite.
Keep a lookout for further announcements with regards to the official product launches and other exciting advancements.
R.G.C.
R.G.C.

Daniel Chisholm

Re: C.G MILLENIUM

#2 Postby Daniel Chisholm » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:23 am

Wonderful news Robert, thanks for letting us know!

My 2003-vintage CG Millennium in a Flexi-bed stock has been my principle target rifle for some time now. When I push the bolt forward and rotate it into battery, the smoothness solidity and precision of the lockup sequence brings a smile to my face. Yes, still - each and every time. I enjoy pieces of mechanical art and this is one of them.

Here's wishing Ossie and his grandsons the very best in making the CG Millennium to the very highest standards.

Longranger

Re: C.G MILLENIUM

#3 Postby Longranger » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:08 am

This is great news. Let's hope that the quality does justice to the design.

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”