New Aussie Supplier of Bore Care Products

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

bobeager

New Aussie Supplier of Bore Care Products

#1 Postby bobeager » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:01 am

These products are Aussi made and are very good value compared to the imported stuff. Purchased some samples at the weekend. Will use and report back.

www.helmar.com.au

bobeager

Re: New Aussie Supplier of Bore Care Products

#2 Postby bobeager » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Our Club members are now using these products and feedback is very good. We have made a bulk purchase and now have stocks of all the HELMAR gun care products in our Club Stores cupboard.
We are pleased to support an Australian manufacturer, good product, good price and good service.

tinks

#3 Postby tinks » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:43 pm

I got some of this stuff after reading this to try and after receiving i opened the bottles and didn't get the eye watering smell that usually comes with other solvents it really doesn't have any smell and i was thinking this doesn't smell too strong i won't be expecting much of a result but after using the carbon remover and then copper remover as described it works pretty darn well.. i would definitely recommend to give it a go and the price is un beatable. .

Hangfire

#4 Postby Hangfire » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:48 pm

Any reports/ feedback on these products?
Price looks good and being a local product is a bonus, just wondering how they perform.

saum2

#5 Postby saum2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 pm

bobeager wrote:These products are Aussi made and are very good value compared to the imported stuff. Purchased some samples at the weekend. Will use and report back.

http://www.helmar.com.au

I have purchased the Carbon remover, I had trouble applying the product to a clean patch, it just wanted to run off onto the floor. So wondering if this is a good product or not. So far, I've only used it once so can't comment on it's ability to remove carbon, just the application to the cloth.

disb

#6 Postby disb » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:24 pm

The carbon and copper are the same chemical just different strengths.
I found that it depended on the patch as to how well it soaked in.
It does have a warning not to leave in to long also.

BRETT B

#7 Postby BRETT B » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 am

I have been using Helmar for the past 6 months and found them to be an excellent product. The Carbon remover is probably the best Non abrasive carbon remover I have used to date and it easily rips out the carbon in my 7mm Saums. I only leave in the Barrel for 45 mins as per instructions . The Carbon remover will remove some Copper as well if not too heavy.
The HD Copper remover also works extremely well and all my testing put it on par with Boretech Eliminator for Copper removal in terms of speed and removal.
These are now my go to cleaning products and its also a bonus to support an Aussie company too.
BRETT BUNYAN F CLASS OPEN SHOOTER W.A.

saum2

#8 Postby saum2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Brett, do you have any trouble soaking a new patch other than dipping it into the bottle. Mine seems to run off the patch.
Geoff

BRETT B

#9 Postby BRETT B » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Geoff , I have had that trouble and it turned out it was the brand of Patch I was using Not the liquid.

As well as Helmar I had the same issue with KG copper remover and Boretech not soaking into the Patch so I went back to sinclair brand patches and they soak in fine..
BRETT BUNYAN F CLASS OPEN SHOOTER W.A.

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”