Brisbane SSAA price rise.

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

scott/r

Brisbane SSAA price rise.

#1 Postby scott/r » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:47 pm

I found out today when I went to brisbane ssaa that it is now costing $38.00 to shoot off one of their benches if you aren't a member of ssaa. As a visitor from qra before the 1st of January it was $20.00. But not anymore. I must have looked a bit stunned because the guy behind the counter went on to say "non of your clubs make it cheaper for our members, so fight fire with fire, I say. "
Now, I understand that you should pay more for being a visitor, but nearly double is a bit rediculous. I thanked him for his time and said that I would pass on having a shoot and went to walk off. He then muttered something about "you f class boys are all the same. " Maybe we are, but I didn't get the impression he was sending a complement.
Now, I didn't mean for this to sound like a bitch session about ssaa, I was just giving you guys a heads up on the new price so you don't end up standing there looking like a fool, as I did, when they give you the bill.

plumbs7

Re: Brisbane SSAA price rise.

#2 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:16 pm

scott/r wrote:I found out today when I went to brisbane ssaa that it is now costing $38.00 to shoot off one of their benches if you aren't a member of ssaa. As a visitor from qra before the 1st of January it was $20.00. But not anymore. I must have looked a bit stunned because the guy behind the counter went on to say "non of your clubs make it cheaper for our members, so fight fire with fire, I say. "
Now, I understand that you should pay more for being a visitor, but nearly double is a bit rediculous. I thanked him for his time and said that I would pass on having a shoot and went to walk off. He then muttered something about "you f class boys are all the same. " Maybe we are, but I didn't get the impression he was sending a complement.
Now, I didn't mean for this to sound like a bitch session about ssaa, I was just giving you guys a heads up on the new price so you don't end up standing there looking like a fool, as I did, when they give you the bill.

Struth Scott! Nearly as bad as Plumbers! lol!
What's the price is you are in Ssaa but in another club? Hope it's not the same !

DenisA

#3 Postby DenisA » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:34 pm

Graham, I'm a SSAA Sunshine Coast member and I pay $22 at Brisbane.

Again, the 'us and them' attitude is strong on the other side too. We should all be working together as shooters, not discriminating as members of different associations. Someone needs to take the first step to fixing this communal attitude.

I believe its up to local NRAA clubs to start working with their local SSAA clubs. Start by working on an agreement for reciprocal range fees I reckon. Its up to the NRAA club members to tell their committee's that that's what they want.

SSAA membership is cheap and well worth while if not just for the firearm insurance that it offers.

Razer

#4 Postby Razer » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:30 am

I have been a member of both organisations for well over 35years. SSAA membership is good value as you also get a free magazine each month with your membership. It is cheaper than NRAA for which you also have to pay extra for the bi-monthly magazine which is now hardly worth getting.
With SSAA you also get to insure your firearms while 'anywhere' in Oz for only $20. When you consider the actual value of what you carry to the range each time you shoot it is excellent value.
I also get to shoot on the smallbore range if and when I feel like a bit of cheap practice.
As Orange range is now closed to centre fire, it means that I have to travel to shoot Fclass, something that I can no longer afford on a weekly basis so the Orange SSAA smallbore range is going to see a bit more of me.
I have been a firm believer that the two organisations should have a working relationship at the very least.
The SSAA is also politically active and a lot of what they achieve directly benefits ALL shooters. We would have been deprived of a lot of what we have now without this activity.
The SSAA are also proactive in their approach to acquiring/building new ranges whereas the NRAA and it's state associations do nothing and are losing ranges either because of urban encroachment or they are being lost to the military who no longer welcome civilian shooters(even their own members can keep their firearms accreditation by shooting on simulators

Barossa_222

#5 Postby Barossa_222 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:22 pm

The Para range here in South Australia is a fair bit steeper than that from the last report I had. Don't quote me on this, but fairly certain they are charging upwards of $50 if you walk in off the street. I used to be a member down there and did a lot of my testing during the week before work, but when the membership fees went up past $300 and they started restricting range access I gave it up. Apparently you just about have to book a spot down there on weekends it's that busy, so I wouldn't be complaining about $38.

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”