www.nvt.com.au

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

DenisA

www.nvt.com.au

#1 Postby DenisA » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:30 am

G'day All,

Has anyone dealt with www.nvt.com.au for scopes? No problems with them?

Cheers,

shooter mcreid

Re: www.nvt.com.au

#2 Postby shooter mcreid » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:25 pm

Yeah mate I have got two Nightforce scopes from them, from memory the postage was quick and i havn't had any issues with either scope.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:38 pm

In my opinion the most important test of a good Australian dealer is after-sales support, and with the purchase of scopes, how they handle warranty claims. So for NVT it would be good to hear from anyone who has had to make a warranty claim with them.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:08 pm

Coincidently an example of excellent after sales support has come to my attention today. One of my elderly clubmates might have been out of pocket by about $1000 due what appears to be a faulty product. Two of the advertisers on this site, Matt Paroz of LRP Solutions and Craig McGowan of 7mm.com stepped up and offered to cover all costs, despite the problem being no fault of theirs. Thank you Matt and Craig =D> =D> .

DenisA

#5 Postby DenisA » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:42 pm

Just to follow up on this. NVT invoiced me and held a NF 2014 Comp scope for me on Tuesday, I direct deposited on Wednesday and the scope arrived well packaged today.
They had the scope in stock where others I called didn't.

The price was good, the communication via email was prompt and polite each time.

The only thing I thought that could have been a little better was that they do not do credit card transactions which can be a lot more convenient when shopping online.

Overall dealing with NVT was very good experience and I'd use them again and recommend them

ShaneG

#6 Postby ShaneG » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:54 am

One way the banks report such large profits is the skim on all credit card transactions.
With eftpos machine charges our credit card costs are almost 2%.
A great majority of cards are now "platinum" - these incur higher charges by the banks.
Effectively all the benefits touted by the banks on these cards are being paid for by merchants.

With the incredibly low margins involved in high end optics I can understand not wanting to lose another $50 to the bank on a sale

DenisA

#7 Postby DenisA » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:44 am

ShaneG wrote:One way the banks report such large profits is the skim on all credit card transactions.
With eftpos machine charges our credit card costs are almost 2%.
A great majority of cards are now "platinum" - these incur higher charges by the banks.
Effectively all the benefits touted by the banks on these cards are being paid for by merchants.

With the incredibly low margins involved in high end optics I can understand not wanting to lose another $50 to the bank on a sale

Thanks Shane, I understand the motivation. I own and run a mechanical workshop. No one enjoys spending money repairing and maintaining cars, we have to be extremely competitive with price to survive and due to the cost of repairs in this industry, the majority of transactions are paid with credit cards. Many fleet companies that already attract a discount, also use systems such as fleetcard, motor pass or motorcharge where the merchant fee's are high and chew in to the skinny profit margins.

Like many business', we won't accept Amex.

Credit and debit cards are critical to online shopping I believe. Even if the option was there, clearly labelled that a credit card transaction would attract a slight fee to the consumer.

Unfortunately, these days I've found that convenience to the customer is far more critical for turning leads in to transactions than good customer service, good price and even quality. It's a real shame the way it's gone.

Apologies to you also Shane. Talking to Craig McGowan he suggested that I should have given you guys a call. I didn't even think of it at the time or I most certainly would have.

ShaneG

#8 Postby ShaneG » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:47 pm

Thanks Denis
Owning a business you understand the situation!
Banks and government make more profit than we do without any investment or risk?!

We would like to be given a chance on supply to our F Class community especially with optics . And we endeavour to match pricing where possible as we are dealers for NF; Swarovski;Sightron;Leupold; S&B etc.
I have personally used all of the high end optics in a far more testing environment than target shooting.
I actually started shooting F Class to help me wind read for long range rabbits.
Didn't help today much as ground over here in NZ is frozen and any miss is a MISS!
No strikes visible?
Swarovski are releasing a target scope - the X5 5-25 later in the year.
Still not enough magnification for our game but ? Hopefully they are going up in power soon?
If they can get their act together it will be THE scope!
I checked zero this afternoon at 200 yds with bad light but low wind.
2x223 and a 204 - NF NXS and Swarovski - the clarity of the Z6 just has to be individually observed!

Anyway - final point is I believe we are invested in the game and know what we are talking about.
Whether it is reliability; optic quality and reticle suitability.
Cheers
Shane

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”