CRM GUNSPORTS

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

DaveMc

CRM GUNSPORTS

#1 Postby DaveMc » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:16 pm

For those that have not heard the news.

After some time in the dark I have emerged and taken up a position with CRM GUNSPORTS in Cairns(owned by Shane Green) as General Manager. Hopefully this will allow both Shane and myself to enter a few more competitions in the upcoming years and also branch into a few more F class specific items.

Initially we are going to concentrate on optics as a "one stop optics shop." We are now dealers or agents for all the major brands including March, Nightforce, Swarovski, S&B, Leupold etc and as a special for NRAA members will try and match or better the best prices out there with very low margins. For those that have already purchased from us I hope they will vouch for our service.

Peter Smith has also help set us up with a collimator and a few other gadgets to test scopes for not only windage and elevation tracking, but zero movement through zoom range, focal range and under a series of simulated impacts similar to recoil etc. This allows us to test any potential scope issues for our customers before returning them to the manufacturers. So far we have many bills of good health and only one failure (an older Japanese Tasco)! :shock:. We all know the feeling of being unsure whether we have an optics issue or other - now we are far more capable of giving the optics a clean bill of health - This could save hundreds of wasted rounds and uncertainty....

We do plan on doing a few custom rifles and a small amount of barrelling work in the very near future but watch this space as some more of our crazy inventions/modifications make their way into the shooting world.

Thanks to everyone for their support over last few years and I look forward to serving some of you in the future.

Dave McNamara
:)
Last edited by DaveMc on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad Y

Re: CRM GUNSPORTS

#2 Postby Brad Y » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:21 pm

Fantastic to hear, good luck with it. Will give you a buzz when Im ready for a new scope mid year.

shooter mcreid

#3 Postby shooter mcreid » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:21 am

Hello Dave, do you offer a scope checking service (for a fee) for scopes that have not been purchased through the shop?
Thanks

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:04 am

Very good news Dave and Shane. And I can certainly vouch for the excellent pricing and service. I'll call in for a look on the next N Qld trip.

ShaneG

#5 Postby ShaneG » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:07 am

I know it will be very beneficial to the shooting community especially the precision end to have Dave on board and a great deal of knowledge and experience added to our business.
As far as I am aware this is the only independent optical testing facility in the country?
We look forward to being of service and seeing as many people as possible at competitions whenever we can attend. However as usual in this connected world we are available through the work phone or email. Just google us on CRM Gunsports.
Look forward to seeing you in Townsville Alan (hopefully you can make it again this year?!) and thanks for the good words about us!
Shane

DaveMc

#6 Postby DaveMc » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Josh,
At the moment we will take a limited number of scope checking orders outside our customer base. This will change in the future as I train other staff to use the apparatus, but as it is myself at the moment and time is limited I would prefer to concentrate on potential warranty claims as priority and part of our service. pm me with scope brand and issue and I will endeavour to get back to you with cost and time frame if we can fit it in.

Dave

RDavies

#7 Postby RDavies » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:14 am

Great to hear.
What about servicing and rebuilding scopes? Will you be able to disassembled and service high end target scopes?
Have you thought about reticle changes or power boosting?

DaveMc

#8 Postby DaveMc » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi Rod - It is not our aim to repair many scopes but rather act as an intermediary between the manufacturers (repairers) and customers. There seems to be a great void between the two at the moment. Some scopes are being sent back for repair with no fault and vice versa some end users battle away for months (or years) not knowing whether the scope is at fault or something else. We hope to provide a very comprehensive report with each scope. If there is a documented report of a fault then the manufacturers are unlikely to argue with a repair job and vice versa if there are no faults then the owner can move forward and look for other issues. We have yet to test this relationship with all our suppliers but some have welcomed it with open arms.

DaveMc

#9 Postby DaveMc » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:02 pm

A further announcement as we progress.

We have now tested many more scopes.............

The results have been somewhat surprising so we have decided to put more effort into this line as it is obvious there is a real need. We are now offering scope testing services to the general shooting community. They take some time to do comprehensively but we work through many tests and give a comprehensive report 1) movement of Point of aim through zoom, 2) Movement of point of aim through focus (some of the errors here were real eye openers - several scopes moving poa especially from 25-100m - errors of 0.25 to 1moa not uncommon :shock: ) 3) checks on elevation and windage scale movement plus the accuracy of the reticle/graticule scales (surprising results here too! some astounding). 4) basic box tests plus combinations through full range of movement. 5) recoil simulated impact movements etc etc.

The testing is also available as an add on option for those purchasing scopes through CRM. Any issues will be taken up with the manufacturers before leaving the store.

Thanks,
Dave

DannyS

#10 Postby DannyS » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:40 am

Hi Dave, would be interesting to see some stats down the track of results of tests ie makes/models etc.

Could be a great eye opener but then maybe we don't want to know.

Cheers
Danny
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”