Antipodean Industrial - G7L projectiles

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

aaronraad

Antipodean Industrial - G7L projectiles

#1 Postby aaronraad » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Thought the ozfclass.com memebers might like to know I've started producing hand swaged long range series of projectiles on a J4 jacket called the G7L.

You can visit the website or contact me should you require further details.
http://www.antipodeanindustrial.com.au

You can see some early results for the 7mm-168gr units on the link to the forum site below:

http://austargets.com/forum/index.php?topic=398.0

Some of you might have met me at the National Queens ealier this year at Belmont. I'll be around again during the QRA Queens...not shooting, just swaging.

The last time I shot fullbore the projectile market was all tied up. I don't know that I can provide a complete solution to issues that have arisen with current .223 & .308 projectiles, but I do know I am manufacturing locally.
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

Brad Y

#2 Postby Brad Y » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:48 pm

Looks interesting mate- any idea on pricing? PM if you prefer. Interested in the 155gr 308's (I know they arent legal but always happy to experiment) and the 140gr 264's when/if they become available.

aaronraad

#3 Postby aaronraad » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Brad Y wrote:Looks interesting mate- any idea on pricing? PM if you prefer...

I could talk all day about pricing! Suffice to say its best to email directly from the email listed on the website currently regarding pricing, shipping and availability.

Ideally, there is a certain national target shooting body with state branches that I would like to approach about distribution rights...or is that the other way around? At the moment I'm working with a fixed shipping charged for 'normal' order quantities.

...Interested in the 155gr 308's (I know they arent legal but always happy to experiment) and the 140gr 264's when/if they become available

Ahh the 'when/if' factor, so you've been burnt before! I'll be making announcements on the ozfclass.com forum and the Australian Long Range Hunter Magazine forum as to models are released. You will have to appreciate though that intial quanities released will be limited to less than a 1000 units. I'm manufacturing projectiles to sell, not to collect. If there is good market response then I will ramp up quanitities within the next 6 weeks.

Strangely the Australian market has limited growth, imagine that! If I release a new model, essentially I am reducing demand for a similar current model of my own or dare I say...another manufacturer. Maybe if I release a new model every other month, I'll force shooters to use four times as many consumables doing load testing...

Believe it or not, I do have an idea or two to make 'better shooters' instead of just 'better equipment'. Its just a matter of time, money and finding a few other people/organizations with the right ethical perspective. Otherwise I would have just called the company Antipodean Projectiles :wink:
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

Brad Y

#4 Postby Brad Y » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Awesome- will send an email through.

Will you test and advertise the BC's as well?

aaronraad

#5 Postby aaronraad » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Hmmm yes...BC's :lol:

One half of me couldn't care less about BC's :roll: ; the other half can't get out of bed with running a projectile through a bullet design program to predict the BC. :?

I've intentially used G7 in the projectile series name simply because I believe its the best generic fit to the form factor...between Mach 2.85 and Mach 1.38 etc......

Lets just say that the G7L-308-155gr has a BCG1 of 0.45 +/-0.025. Even if I had doppler radar testing done on each projectile, Jo Bloggs rifle would still deform the shank or boat tail of the projectile with its muzzle diameter, rifling grooves, rifling twist, rifling helix angle etc that it will drag differently to the test rig used with the doppler radar. I would strongly suggest that testing is best done by the individual.

I'm not trying to market these projectiles on BC alone. I've pushed the G7L-308-155gr weight right up to an average of 155.75gr with a +/-0.15gr max/min. I'm aiming to make projectile #1 in the batch exactly the same as the other ##### projectiles in the batch.

For those of you waiting for the next big BC projectile I won't be doing it with the G7L's. The guys I'm competing with now are a lot bigger than me, so I have to play nicely if I want to stay commercially viable.

Norm

#6 Postby Norm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:41 pm

aaronraad wrote:I've pushed the G7L-308-155gr weight right up to an average of 155.75gr with a +/-0.15gr max/min.

Good on you Aaron.
The ones I tested in 168gn weight were all within your 0.15gn max/min specification limit.
They shot very well too! :D

Southcape

#7 Postby Southcape » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Aaron,

I still have your 155's here. They have not had any testing done on them yet. I have been working on getting my rifle ready for Raton. :)

I will most certainly be putting them through their paces once we return though. :)

See you again in Brisbane.
Linda

aaronraad

#8 Postby aaronraad » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks Norm, I'm still in shock to tell you the truth! :shock:

I've actually been losing sleep, wondering if everyone else's scales actually read the same as mine? I acquired 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 & 100g F1 class weights to continually check 0.001g(0.02gr) scales. If your wife thinks you're already borderline OCD after watching you reload for a club shoot, don't ever buy 0.001g scales. At one stage I was there shaving 0.05gr of lead off cores before I was happy to seat it in a jacket; and holding my breathe each time I weighed something on the scales for 10 to 30 seconds. Luckily I dug my way out of that tunnel! Don't get me started on micrometers.

Here's something to keep the OCD members of the forum up at night...for those that didn't know already of course :P ...you're 0.1 grain electronic scales actually need to be accurate down to 0.005 grams (roughly) not 0.01 grams! Ever wondered why the balance beams still seem to perform. Don't forget to check your linearity in 10 gram region for those of you sorting 155gr bullets on 50, 100 or 200g scales, calibrating at 20, 40 or 50g doesn't count for...goodnight :wink:

aaronraad

#9 Postby aaronraad » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Southcape wrote:Aaron,

I still have your 155's here. They have not had any testing done on them yet. I have been working on getting my rifle ready for Raton. :)

I will most certainly be putting them through their paces once we return though. :)

See you again in Brisbane.

Lucky! Judging from the responses I've been getting over the last 24 hours you'd get a good price for them too.

I just have to track down another 200 that are around Mt Gambier to see if they're still interested in using them!

Good luck next week! I'll see you on the Duncan or at the QRA bar.

OuttaAmmo

#10 Postby OuttaAmmo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:31 am

I'm actually too lazy to sort or batch any of my projectiles. Way I figure is if the manufacturer considers them good enough to put into a box, I consider them good enough to shoot as is. Maybe my scores suffer, I don't know, probably can't shoot well enough to tell.
That's what I tell myself anyway cause OCD doesn't sound like much fun.
No doubt with the effort you're putting in they should do well though.
Good luck

OuttaAmmo

#11 Postby OuttaAmmo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:36 am

Are you making any 224 pills at the moment?

aaronraad

#12 Postby aaronraad » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:44 am

Just the nominal 80gr's in .224 but actually more like 80.9gr to meet maximum under ICFRA.

I was orginally considering a 70-77gr flat base for the F-Class Open guys shooting over the 300yard to 500metres ranges. I was encouraged to produce the 80gr unit due to current shortages, but I don't expect the NRAA to approve anything if at all until Santa comes.

I was also considering the 90gr units, but there are not too many guys/gals with a 1:7" twist barrel fast enough to stabalise them.

aaronraad

SARA Samples

#13 Postby aaronraad » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:25 am

The SARA store have kindly agreed to look at some production samples I currently have in stock.

I'll be sending some: .224-80gr; .284-168gr; .284-180gr; .308-210gr sample units next week. For those F-Class shooters interested, if you ask nicely, you might get a look. :wink:

Thanks to the SARA store for taking an interest. :D

All going well, I'll be prototyping some .264-130gr units next week in an attempt to work up to 140gr units in September. I'll be looking for at least one local and one remote/'bar-of-soap' candidate to test the units out of a barrel, at velocity. If any forum members were planning to do some 6.5mm load development during September and have some spare powder send me a PM if you're interested.

a.JR

#14 Postby a.JR » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:55 am

Hi Aaron , Please supply you Phone # by PM so i can call and talk to you about your 187FB samples that you sent to me ..JR.. Jeff Rogers

Brad Y

#15 Postby Brad Y » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Aaron- will email you over the next few days about 130gr bullets in the 6.5mm- I have access to a 6.5x47L to shoot them out of until my new gun is built.

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”