New Davies rear adjust bipod.

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

Barry Davies

New Davies rear adjust bipod.

#1 Postby Barry Davies » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another work in progress has been a rear adjust bipod. We have had a prototype doing the rounds in South Australia for a while now and a production model is now available.

This one comes in at 1.5kg, making it more suited to F standard/F open but could be part of an F/TR outfit if weight is not an issue.

It's not yet loaded onto our website but should be in the next couple of weeks, in the meantime, feel free to contact us for info.

Adam Davies.

Razer

#2 Postby Razer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Now that looks really efficient, how much trade in can I get on my present Davies Bi-pod. :idea:

RDavies

#3 Postby RDavies » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:16 am

Ive used this rest on my new F/TR rifle, works well, no flimsyness, nice and rigid once nipped up, and adjustments are easy and smooth.
Perfect brand name also (no relation):lol:

bobeager

#4 Postby bobeager » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:22 am

It's great to see Aussie manufacturers making innovative, well designed and engineered products for us target shooters. Well done, Adam and Barry. Now, if you could look at making a nice 3 way adjstable butt plate, that would be nice.

Lynn Otto

#5 Postby Lynn Otto » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:56 am

I have been using the prototype along with a number of other people trying it and all have been happy with how it works and the ease of making adjustments. It certainly filled my needs in a bipod...I just had to learn how to use one again. :D

bruce moulds

#6 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:17 pm

bob,
i need a butt plate with adjustment in the fourth dimension.
if such a thing could exist, it would take me back in time to when i had good eyes and better motor skills.
the negatives of this include the fact that i would think more about girls than now, and less on making that shot, so maybe my shooting would not improve after all.
every thing in life is a compromise!
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Ovenpaa

#7 Postby Ovenpaa » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:20 am

Nice work Barry. It looks like you could get a fair amount of weight off as well if needed. Have you considered using an elevation screw with both left and right hand threads for a more rapid elevation control? I have built a few like this and they seem to be well received.

Barry Davies

#8 Postby Barry Davies » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:25 am

Did consider multi-start thread with large pitch but it rather defeats the concept of fine elevation adjustment. Further weight reduction would only tend toward a " springy " set up which would definitely not suit large calibres.
The skeletonized weight of 1.5 kg suits most ( Aussie ) FS rifles which have a limit of 8 kg (rifle) and 10 kg all up and could also be suitable for FO ( 10 kg all up )
F/TR was not a consideration as the weight limit of 8.25kg does not compliment this type of bipod, however, if those with F/TR aspirations can suffer a 1.5 kg bipod then it will more than fill the bill.
Barry

Fireman_DJ

#9 Postby Fireman_DJ » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:11 pm

I prefer my Harris bi-pod, but on the idea of fast AND fine adjustment I think it can be done.

Use two screws, one inside the other with the course screw on the outside with some form of friction acting on it.

Turn the course screw in and at the same time the fine screw will turn out, but the course screw will have a pitch set so it still moves in at a fast pace.

With the extra friction on the course screw, turning the fine screw won't move the course screw and so adjust as finely as you like.

Ovenpaa

#10 Postby Ovenpaa » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:16 am

I do think bipods are worth considering for F Open, and can work every bit as well as a heavy front rest.

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”