INCH ACTIONS IN AUST & US

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

Robert Chombart

#46 Postby Robert Chombart » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:54 pm

bobped wrote:Best Price I can find for a Barnard Action in Australia is $1700 AU. Not sure if this includes trigger. I can't find a price for a new RPA Quadlock or Quadlite, but the last time I saw a price I remember the Quadlock was well over $2000 AU without trigger. (Jim, remember I'm an old man, so the memory may be going)

I think we ought to get real. I have a friend down here in Tassie who imports all sorts of shooting related gear to sell. Gloves, slings, brass, powder etc. etc. He gets very downhearted when someone asks for a price and then berates him, saying they can get it cheaper somewhere else on the mainland or overseas, (not without a good deal more trouble I might add).

His comment to me is that they ignore the fact that he's trying to make a living and he can't do that if he sells stuff at cost or below, just because the potential buyer is a friend.

Robert C. if you are listening, looking, etc., I have a Millennium Action I shoot in .308. Best thing I ever bought. In Target Rifle Competition, it has won a number of Queens, Lead-up competitions and Grand Championships. In F Class it has done the same. Maybe I've been lucky, but the absolute reliabilty of the Millennium Action has played a big part, so thank you.

I've had a good look at the INCH action. I think Woody had a couple of small problems with quality control at the start, but others assure me this has all been ironed out. The action incorporates all the good design features the Millennium has.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in action on our ranges over the next couple of years. If I was looking at buying another Rifle Action, it would be one of the "major actions" mentioned above, and the INCH, at this price, would be one of the ones I'd consider.
(Bruce, if you offered a Stolle at $500 I would consider it)

Good luck with it.

Bob Pedersen

Bob,

A BIG rhank you. Your message had made my day, and I believe it will make quite a few more to follow.....

Very happy to hear your equipment has so much ontributed to your successes..This is my real reward all the times I am announced a succes with one of my designs...

I am not led by profit, but by paassion, and I try to put n a dessign what is best, based on my lifelong shooting experience and technical education, daily updatted...

I can tell you the Inch is my pride, as it incorporates all of the previous generations plusses, under a new concept, and increased potential.

As for cars, you can have an automatic and air conditionning, but if you don"t pay the extra, you will have to change gears and drive with the wndiws ooen!!!.. Quality and comfort has a cost...and this ine is reasonnable.... I have done my best to allow the manufacturer not to have to charge too much for those necessary extras...

I am always ready to comment or help the best way I can but, aas a practical man, I hate pre-conceived ideas and hearsays

Very sincerely yours and Thanks again for your appreciation.
Robert Chombart
Ingenieur (metallurgy)
R.G.C.

Woody_rod

#47 Postby Woody_rod » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Great Southern Prize Meeting 2011, with 118 competitors.

Highest individual range score in TR, fourth GSDRA Open TR badge, second badge Albany PM:

INCH actioned rifle built and armoured by Woody Eng. 50.9 (Pac Nor barrel, laminated stock, Davies trigger - thanks Adam:). This shooter is on the WA State senior TR team.

Under 25 winner, 3rd Open badge, and closed agg winner and some other stuff:

INCH actioned rifle as above. (Pac Nor barrel, BDG stock, Centra sights). This shooter is on the WA under 25 TR team, and came third in national under 25 team selections last year in Brisbane using the same rifle. This young guy was one point from winning the GSDRA meeting, and is a real shooter of the future. He won the rifle as a prize during the 2009 WA Queens Prize.

Bronze medal in F Std B, and some range wins:

INCH actioned rifle as above. (223 Rem, laminated stock, Pac Nor barrel, NF NXS 8-32 x 56 scope)

Bronze medal in FO and top score on one rifle in F Class team shoot @ 800M:

INCH actioned rifle as above. (6BR / 260 INCH, tassie oak stock, MAB and Pac Nor barrels, Weaver T24 scope).

Tyro in Albany PM:

INCH actioned rifle as above. (223 Rem, laminated stock, MAB barrel, Millet 6-25 x 56 scope). 12 Year old shooter (my daughter).

There were 5 INCH rifles present in the meeting. All of them won something. This speaks for itself I believe. As I have said before, INCH actioned rifles show in prize lists out of all proportion to their numbers. The longer the range the better, as this is what the INCH is designed for.

budget

#48 Postby budget » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Woody_rod wrote:Great Southern Prize Meeting 2011, with 118 competitors.

Highest individual range score in TR, fourth GSDRA Open TR badge, second badge Albany PM:

INCH actioned rifle built and armoured by Woody Eng. 50.9 (Pac Nor barrel, laminated stock, Davies trigger - thanks Adam:). This shooter is on the WA State senior TR team.

Under 25 winner, 3rd Open badge, and closed agg winner and some other stuff:

INCH actioned rifle as above. (Pac Nor barrel, BDG stock, Centra sights). This shooter is on the WA under 25 TR team, and came third in national under 25 team selections last year in Brisbane using the same rifle. This young guy was one point from winning the GSDRA meeting, and is a real shooter of the future. He won the rifle as a prize during the 2009 WA Queens Prize.

Bronze medal in F Std B, and some range wins:

INCH actioned rifle as above. (223 Rem, laminated stock, Pac Nor barrel, NF NXS 8-32 x 56 scope)

Bronze medal in FO and top score on one rifle in F Class team shoot @ 800M:

INCH actioned rifle as above. (6BR / 260 INCH, tassie oak stock, MAB and Pac Nor barrels, Weaver T24 scope).

Tyro in Albany PM:

INCH actioned rifle as above. (223 Rem, laminated stock, MAB barrel, Millet 6-25 x 56 scope). 12 Year old shooter (my daughter).

There were 5 INCH rifles present in the meeting. All of them won something. This speaks for itself I believe. As I have said before, INCH actioned rifles show in prize lists out of all proportion to their numbers. The longer the range the better, as this is what the INCH is designed for.

so woody let me get this right, so you are saying that all the above success is directly attributed to having an inch action.

Barry Davies

#49 Postby Barry Davies » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:53 am

I can remember back around 1980 when I submitted the Davies action to the NRAA for approval ( you had to get approval in those days). LLoyd Nielsen was on the NRAA council ( LLoyd eventually manufactured the MN actions ) LLoyd said to me " you know Barry it's the last 28 " or so that determines the accuracy of a rifle -- not the receiver etc"
Not long after that LLoyd went into production of the Neilsen range of actions and suddenly it's no longer the last 28" or so, it's now the first 7" or so.
Human nature.

Barry

IanP

#50 Postby IanP » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:43 am

Woody_rod wrote:Great Southern Prize Meeting 2011, with 118 competitors.

There were 5 INCH rifles present in the meeting. All of them won something. This speaks for itself I believe.

Woody, there is a flaw with this logic, what does is say about your actions when they dont win anything on the day?

I dont think you need try to convince people of the actions ability to win competitions. We will all know when your actions perform well in the hands of serious competitors in the big OPMs and Queens.

Its good to see some initial success as obviously your Inch Action is well designed and built. Give it some time and we will all see if the Inch Action is a reliable and dependable competition action, capable of keeping the barrel and scope in line and protecting the shooter.

There are lots of us watching and wondering just how good this action is but unfortunately it takes time and some top shooters need to be using this in competitions all over the country/world for a reputation to be built.

If its good enough and it certainly looks like it is, then given time it will find its own way into top competition and carve a market space out for itself.

Dont be in too much of a hurry to talk it up, put it in the right hands and see what its capable of is a better way to go!

IanP

Paul Janzso

#51 Postby Paul Janzso » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:39 pm

:oops:
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

Woody_rod

#52 Postby Woody_rod » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Barry Davies wrote:I can remember back around 1980 when I submitted the Davies action to the NRAA for approval ( you had to get approval in those days). LLoyd Nielsen was on the NRAA council ( LLoyd eventually manufactured the MN actions ) LLoyd said to me " you know Barry it's the last 28 " or so that determines the accuracy of a rifle -- not the receiver etc"
Not long after that LLoyd went into production of the Neilsen range of actions and suddenly it's no longer the last 28" or so, it's now the first 7" or so.
Human nature.

Barry

Barry, I have to agree. Just remember (everyone reading this) that this is the "Supplier News and Discussion" section, which is what this thread is about.

We are just providing evidence of how the actions/rifle/gunsmithing perform in competition. This is in reply to questions about how the actions perform.....well, the above is how they perform. Question asked and answered. This is consistent, not every now and then. No doubt in 20 years time, I will still be saying this to some people.

We have also gone through the approval process, after someone on the NRAA council tried to stop one of our actions being used in competition. It is a shame they did not know the rules as well as they thought they did, simply wasting everyone's time. This person (and associates) was/were trying to protect their business interests (selling a well known action from overseas). Also human nature.

Barry, I very recently fitted a barrel to a Davies action, as well as a Neilsen, Omarks, Barnard and Remingtons (and a dozen INCH's). I do like the design of the Davies I must say. To me, simplicity is elegance. Incidentally, we have a Davies trigger running on an INCH as a trial, it is on the rifle that won the 4th Open badge as described above. The rifle owner likes it. We have not touched the trigger since fitting it.

Woody_rod

#53 Postby Woody_rod » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:30 pm

IanP wrote:Woody, there is a flaw with this logic, what does is say about your actions when they dont win anything on the day?
IanP

I have no argument with this statement.

The same idea applies to people that buy a brand (of anything) because they see it as the reason for winning. People that fit barrels for a living know this is not the case, at least not all of it.

There is no logic here, only perception.

alocky

#54 Postby alocky » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Well for what it's worth - you can make a logical deduction, and that is that the Inch is not a limiting factor in the shooting equation. There were a couple of ranges at the Albany meet where the condiitons were calm enough to turn it into a trigger-pulling competition, and as far as I could see the Inch equipped guys were sticking it in the X and V along with everyone else. I suspect these situations are the ones where any deficiency in the hardware will start to cost you points.
If the equipment is a bigger factor than the shooter, then the prizes go to the guy with the most disposable income - and that would suck. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to go that way.
I had a good look at Rod's action, and if I can ever spend any money on myself again (daughter #2 born on Sunday!) I see no reason not to support local business. Nice looking thing, particularly in that funky tube stock whatsit.
cheers,
Andrew.

Ovenpaa

#55 Postby Ovenpaa » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:04 am

Agreed, the Eliseo tube stock looks very smart and add the INCH chambered in something interesting and I believe you would have a stunningly good combination. Despite being 8000 miles away my wife is planning on having one at some point :D

I will be the first to admit I am a fan of the INCH action and you guys are lucky to have a manufacturer prepared to work on something different in Oz. The UK has at long last started to see actions being developed and built once again but the majority are Rem clones and regardless of looking nice very few if any have demonstrated any degree of free thinking, all instead choose to play the safe card.

bobped

#56 Postby bobped » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:09 am

Ovenpaa,

Jeg kan godt lide dit tøj, men jeg vil lytte så godt. En dag vil jeg komme til Diggle, fordi det lyder meget interessant at konkurrere der.

Bob Pedersen - Hobart

AlanF

#57 Postby AlanF » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:47 am

Bob,

Google translation from Danish to English comes up with the following:

I like your clothes, but I will listen as well. One day I will get to Diggler because it sounds very interesting to compete there.

Has Princess Mary aroused an interest in the Danish national costume, or should we be even more concerned about Tasmanians than we already are?

Alan :lol:

bobped

#58 Postby bobped » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:57 am

Alan,
Go to his UK site and read his profile. Especially translate the the "signature" that he uses in his discussions.

Next, look up the surname Pedersen, and figure our where this surname occurs most in the world.

Bob

AlanF

#59 Postby AlanF » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Ovenpaa's Signature :
You never listen to the words I say. You see me just for the clothes I have on
Aha - that puts it in context. You're off the hook Bob :D . But I'm still puzzled why a Tasmanian of Swedish descent would learn Danish :-k .

bobped

#60 Postby bobped » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Alan

NOT Swedish!
Not descent. Born there. I think that precludes me from ever becoming the president of the USA.

Besides that Danish, Norwegian and Swedish is all the same language, just different dialects.
Bob

(Or was this a calculated dig? If so, it succeeded)

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”