INCH Action

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

Matt P

#76 Postby Matt P » Sun May 10, 2009 7:24 pm

I wouldn't class a rear locker as modern, sorry !!! :? :?

Woody_rod

#77 Postby Woody_rod » Sun May 10, 2009 9:11 pm

I wouldn't class a rear locker as modern, sorry !!!

Sorry for what Matt? It is a new way of looking at an old idea, just like the M98 copies getting around (almost all actions made today). It is a mistake to think there is any relationship between the INCH and older designs like the Lee Enfield.

If you have any information about issues with the rear locking system, please share them.

timothi3197

#78 Postby timothi3197 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Woody-Rod probably doesn't need any support but I for one like the idea of keeping the locking lugs away from the cruddy end of the action. Not that I am an expert but surely modern materials and good design negate the stretch and slop theories of the past and surely the enfield rifle(purposely built with sloppy tolerances) has been the most enduring(and endearing) rifle of all time. Only MHO

The results so far speak for themselves really.

I have looked at a Musgrave and the bolt is only a copy of a 98 mauser and there is nothing wrong with that. It is proven.

I am looking on with interest,

Razer

Inch Action

#79 Postby Razer » Mon May 11, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi Rod,the only reason I have not ordered an Inch Action is that currently expenditure exceeds income :cry: I am not easily impressed but right from the start the Inch has held my attention.It has all the features of an exceptionally strong action and coming from the "Chombart" pedigree line of actions it has to be good .
There is absolutely nothing wrong with rear lockers, they were given a bad name by some simply because the Lee Enfield was deliberately made sloppy to suit battle conditions.In days long gone they were the prefered range rifle over the Mauser for the longer ranges :shock:
In the last Gulf War this grand old warrior was used as a sniper rifle when all the fancy front lockers failed in the dust and crud of desert warfare.
All the best in your USA venture.If you want some one to demonstrate an Inch Action on this side of Oz just set one up for FS,[I have a new Leopold ready to attach] send it over and I will happily oblige :idea: :D :D
Regards, Ray
PS:I typed this on Sunday and lost it before posting."T's" post is on the money.
Last edited by Razer on Sat May 16, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cookie

#80 Postby Cookie » Wed May 13, 2009 6:21 pm

hello n g'day
how much for the action im looking at upgrading from my omark

Razer

Inch Action

#81 Postby Razer » Wed May 13, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi Cookie,if you get the Target Magazine [May/June edition] there is an advert for the CG INCH. Now available,price is $1870+GST,includes trigger. agent is Burnley Distributors.
Phone 02 98722491 or <burnley1@bigpond.net.au>
Regards, Ray.

Woody_rod

#82 Postby Woody_rod » Sun May 17, 2009 11:25 pm

Hello guys,

We now sell direct to end users (via a licensed dealer) in Australia. This is due to the current economic environment mainly. Thanks to Mike at Burnley Dist for his help and effort over the past year.

Have a look on our website for pricing and info on the CG INCH action

www.actionclear.com.au

Just a reminder; we will be building factory rifles based on the INCH action, so you can order one and have it built with the basics for around AU$4000. We will have complete rifles in stock (FS/TR in 308 and 223, left and right hand) so there will be zero lead time in the near future. We will provide more detail after we return from the USA attending the NRA convention.

Woody_rod

#83 Postby Woody_rod » Thu May 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Now back from the USA, a long trip, but well worth it. Seems we missed the Swine Flu (just).

A pic of the rifle on the line at the Phoenix Rod and Gun Club, South Mountain, Phoenix, Arizona.

A pic of the crew I shot with in Phoenix. Great bunch of guys, some of which are contributors to the long-range forum in the US. Thats me on the left BTW...

My 11yr old son is behind the camera. In the background there are tumble weed type plants, huge cacti, and a few chipmonks running around. It was around 110F at the time this pic was taken. The tall guy with the shorts on (Alan) made me some ammo so I could shoot - using the new Sierra Palma bullets, and Varget of course!!

Sam Walker

#84 Postby Sam Walker » Sun May 31, 2009 1:02 am

Matt P wrote:I wouldn't class a rear locker as modern, sorry !!! :? :?

I used to lurk on the Fullbore email discussion list and there, about 2003/2004 M. Chombart gave a very good explanation of how the INCH rear locking design avoids the bad characteristics of other rear locking designs.
You need to understand that it's not just a rear locker, it's a modern rear locker ![/b]
Sam

Robert Chombart

#85 Postby Robert Chombart » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:34 pm

Sam Walker wrote:
Matt P wrote:I wouldn't class a rear locker as modern, sorry !!! :? :?

I used to lurk on the Fullbore email discussion list and there, about 2003/2004 M. Chombart gave a very good explanation of how the INCH rear locking design avoids the bad characteristics of other rear locking designs.
You need to understand that it's not just a rear locker, it's a modern rear locker ![/b]

Many thanks, Sam, just the right definition.

Sincerely yours

Robert Chombart
R.G.C.

Woody_rod

#86 Postby Woody_rod » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:41 pm

The CG INCH rifle action in left or right hand, 223R or 308W bolt face, will now be available for AU$1700 + GST.

Bedding blocks to suit the CG INCH (fleXiblocs) are available now.

We will soon have fleXiblocs ready for the Barnard, so you can inlet them into your favourite stock. PM me for details. This is the updated version of the very successful fleXibed system used by HHE in the Millenium series of rifles.

We do rebarrelling for target rifles. All work guaranteed, and done within two (2) weeks of us having the new barrel and the rifle to be rebarrelled. Don't be led astray by delays and excuses by so called "experts".

We will also have complete rifles ready in the next few months at very good prices.

Keep an eye on our website www.actionclear.com.au for updates.

RDavies

#87 Postby RDavies » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:07 am

Is there likely to be a right bolt/left port version in the near future?
How much is the flexibloc?

Woody_rod

#88 Postby Woody_rod » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:32 am

I havn't asked the question of the designer re: the right bolt / left port issue. I will ask him today and see what he says.

The blocks retail for AU$200 each. Keep in mind they are a lot more complex than a typical V block.

Woody_rod

#89 Postby Woody_rod » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:45 pm

Long time since I posted here....

Some updated photos of the newest batch of actions. All CG INCH actions are now PVD coated in TiN (Titanium Nitride - gold colour), Alcrona (Aluminium Chromium Nitride - which is dark blue/grey) or CrN( Chromium Nitride - silver/grey). The standard blacking system used previously was proven to be unsuitable for the task.

Bolt faces available now are 223Rem (9,6mm), 308Win (12,05mm) and 300 WIn Mag (13,6mm). All use the same firing pin size: 1,8mm

My wife (Linda) uses this rifle in F Standard. Have just today changed the action over to the CrN unit you see here.

A closer view of the action detail.

Linda shooting the rifle at the WARA Queens 2009 (looks to be the 400y mound). Has the NXS Nightforce scope on top.

This is a 308 TR for a mate. This one in Alcrona finish. Pic shows the upgraded engraving and the nice colour of the Alcrona finish. The action now has a side mount fitted for T-Mac sight, which is an option available. The stock is a Richard's Microfit, which we obtain and finish ourselves.

All actions come standard with the top dovetail.

I didn't show the TiN action, as I don't have a pic yet of one. They are very bright, but I like mine!!!

Woody_rod

#90 Postby Woody_rod » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Oh, and to answer the previous question about left/right port: RC does not like the idea, and it would be interesting to place the bolt race and extractor anyway....

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”