INCH Action

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

littlebang556

CNC

#46 Postby littlebang556 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:51 am

Now don't tell me you went and crashed that nice new machine Woody????

Those sorts of toys are expensive to make better...and you don't take them to hospital, the hospital comes to them!!!

Robert Chombart

Re: CNC

#47 Postby Robert Chombart » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:10 pm

littlebang556 wrote:Now don't tell me you went and crashed that nice new machine Woody????

Those sorts of toys are expensive to make better...and you don't take them to hospital, the hospital comes to them!!!

Rob,

He should hane been very busy programmong it to not have replied to your post yet...

Things progressing OK apparently however

R.G.C
R.G.C.

littlebang556

INCH

#48 Postby littlebang556 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 am

Good to see some of us are doing some work???

Cheers

Rob A

ozfarm

Re: INCH

#49 Postby ozfarm » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:55 am

littlebang556 wrote:Good to see some of us are doing some work???

Cheers

Rob A

better pack the dremel tool & go over and hack out a few actions :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

littlebang556

Dremel

#50 Postby littlebang556 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:04 pm

HACK....how dare you...A dremel is a precission tool capeable of the limitations of the mind only.
The new model for 2009 will have a USB port to interface with a PC to enable all magnitudes of machining.....Already have my order in....but need to spend a heap on tooling for stainless work.

Robert Chombart

Re: Dremel

#51 Postby Robert Chombart » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:53 pm

littlebang556 wrote:HACK....how dare you...A dremel is a precission tool capeable of the limitations of the mind only.
The new model for 2009 will have a USB port to interface with a PC to enable all magnitudes of machining.....Already have my order in....but need to spend a heap on tooling for stainless work.

Hey, guys, we are a little out of this allusive mention of Dremel tool qualties (or lack thereof).. Please, clarify...
R.G.C
R.G.C.

ozfarm

#52 Postby ozfarm » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 am

HACK....how dare you...A dremel is a precission tool capeable of the limitations of the mind only.

u can cater for the simple & unsophisticated end of the market :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8) 8)

Woody_rod

#53 Postby Woody_rod » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:51 pm

Not sure what you are asking for Robert,

A dremel is a hand held (mainly) tool for doing small work, sort of like a dentists drill, only bigger and a lot cheaper. They are quite well made really for the price.

Otherwise, the guys are just having some fun. I use one myself for doing things like deburring on machined edges. Cant imagine the time it would take to do this via the Mazak....

The tool has the exact same limitations of a precision rifle - that of the nut behind the butt....the more skillof the operator, usually the better the outcome :D

Razer

Dremel

#54 Postby Razer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi, I use mine with a stainless steel brush which fits into the primer pockets and polishes them to perfection. Brush is made by Dremel and when new needs to be carefully inserted into pocket for first few cases before turning on otherwise it flairs and is of no further use.After awhile it forms a little tit that then polishes flash hole. Pocket not only looks spiv but polishing aids seating of primers. No USB port required??
Ray.

littlebang556

Dremel???

#55 Postby littlebang556 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:21 am

The main question originally was, "are you doing any work?" Did you crash that nice new machine.

You should understand some of Ozfarm's comments better if explained to you that since I scored mine as a trophy it has become somewhat of a Swiss Army Knife in that it's uses are both functional and endless. On some other threads there are mentions of numerous Blacksmith jobs in the way of adjustable cheekpieces, bedding of rifles, grinding of primary extraction cams to name a few and the hint of helping the INCH by way of "hacking" a few out is a meager attempt at humour directed toward this poor Yarloopian.

Good to see Razor has found a good use for his.

I even keeping my good lady happy with mine!!!!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Otherwise, a few pics of the "Man" at work with the impressive Mazak would be a nice addition...don't get me wrong now....it's not that I want to see you...just that I want to see evidence of you doing something :lol:

Keep it up Woody...the work that is...... :wink:

Woody_rod

#56 Postby Woody_rod » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:28 pm

Hello all,

We have made some stuff with the machine at last, but not rifle actions. We have almost all our tooling we need to make the CG INCH, and now we are just waiting to receive our Manufacturers license. Here is a shot from today:

The gorilla on the right is me of course....the good looking guy on the left (with uncharacteristically untidy hair!) is Chris - the other half of Woody Engineering / actionclear, and the legend in the middle is The Honourable Terry (Tuck) Waldron, local member for us guys, and WA Sports Minister. Knowing Tuck is pretty handy, as we are in the business of sporting gear.
Last edited by Woody_rod on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woody_rod

#57 Postby Woody_rod » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Here are some mandrels I made for production of the INCH action. They are used to hold the actions while they are being machined, and also provide a solid indexed point on which to rely on the program zero.

Woody_rod

#58 Postby Woody_rod » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:39 am

Good news at last, Woody Engineering has now been issued a manufacturers and repairers license. This now allows progress on the CG INCH actions. Due to the 3 month delay in license approval, we are now setting Feb/March 2009 as our initial delivery date for the actions.

So people are aware, we applied for our licenses in June this year, and were issued the licenses on Thursday the 4th of December. WA police are well aware of our feelings on this.

Other news from Woody Engineering and actionclear;

We are arranging a special early order bonus for the CG INCH action. This (so far, as details are worked on) entails buyers of the CG INCH action to be able to select their own serial number, given 3 letters and 3 numbers, with post nominals assigned by Woody Engineering for quality system purposes. An example would be: RJS001E8, being my initials, and a number, with the E meaning the revision number, and the 8 for the year 2008. The post nominals are not optional.

There are some special requirements for this to happen of course:

1. Due to the way the action is numbered, and legal requirements for serial numbers on "major components" of firearms, the serial number has to be chosen before the action is made to a point where it is considered to be a major component. Being made in a CNC machining center, this means pretty much before any metal is cut on the action.

2. A deposit and undertaking to pay the remaining balance in a set time is to be made by the person ordering under the early order program.

3. In the future, we will always hope to offer the custom serial number, so people having more than one action, can have consecutive serial numbers. This will come at an added cost yet to be determined. We cannot guarantee any serial number sequence in the future, without the action being pre-purchased.

4. For the actions that are made in the usual course of events, there will be a systematic, consecutive number generated.

5. Woody Engineering reserves the right to use, or otherwise not use, any serial number sequence we think might be offensive, derogatory or otherwise detrimental to us, and/or the shooting sports.

Other news:

We are now the exclusive importer and reseller of the new Goliath 30mm front sight system, manufactured by Tom Myers at X-Treme Shooting Products, Cincinnati, Ohio USA.

We have also obtained permission from Centra-Visiertechnik Germany to distribute their line of long-range specific products in Australia. This in no way detracts from, or reduces, the importance of any other distributors in AU of Centra products currently.

Woody Engineering also has a line of tool holders (for lathes and mills etc) we are importing for sale in AU, direct from the manufacturer.

All news and information should be uploaded to the actionclear website in the next week or so, as we get the webmaster and information in place.

RDavies

#59 Postby RDavies » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:25 pm

I saw one of these inch actions at the ACT Queens. It was interesting in that the loading port goes forward very close to the chamber, making it easy to see if it is loaded or not. The action looked good.With the Ozzie dollar back in the mud, it will make a localy made action more competitive price wise as well I suppose.

Woody_rod

#60 Postby Woody_rod » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:24 pm

That would have been Mike's unit on the Millenium stock? I have one the same here in WA.

The loading port is certainly different. Having rear locking lugs, there is only the bolt cylinder in the loading port area, and the bolt face and chamber rear face is very near the port as you said. It is nice to load rounds too, for the same reason, and that it has quite an angled face on the breach.

The dollar situation helps greatly with exporting sure, but makes it tougher for local sales really, as we have to pay more for the imported bits in the action, such as the trigger from the USA. We know this will change eventually as the dollar recovers, one really offsets the other.

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”