INCH Action

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

Woody_rod

#61 Postby Woody_rod » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:36 am

Thought an update would be appropriate.

I am just now doing the last cuts on the action bodies, with the bolts being machined next week. Should only be a few weeks now to complete the first actions.

Just out of interest, we would like to show people a cost comparison so they can compare the action cost with others:

CG INCH action less trigger: AU$1,400

Including triggger: AU$1,870

The CG UNI trigger is from X-Treme Shooting Products in the USA - Tom Myers. Tom is known for his superb EDM and machining work on small items. Tom also makes the Goliath 30mm front sight.

On the Goliath front sight, everyone needs to be aware that actionclear.com.au / Woody Engineering is the SOLE Australian distributor, and the ONLY place where one can be bought here - and the only place where warrantees will be serviced in AU. Of course, like most things, people can buy one direct from the USA if they like. You will find that our price is less than the retail in the USA despite the exchange rate.

On other things; we are also to be manufacturing stocks in both TR and FS/FO styles from local solid timbers, such as Sheoak. We will have blocks available to suit the CG INCH, Barnard and other actions as required.

Matt P

#62 Postby Matt P » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:23 pm

Is the trigger single or dual stage ?? How light can it be adjusted ??
The reason I ask is I had a RPA which has the same type of firing pin set up and for FO I wanted a trigger I could adjust down to 3-5 oz as a single stage, to cut a long story short I couldn't buy one, I now have a Barnard with a Jewell trigger.

Matt P

Woody_rod

#63 Postby Woody_rod » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:04 pm

Matt,

The trigger is dual stage, and can be used in single mode if required. The minimum safe weight is stated as 10 Oz. The trigger is really designed (as far as I am aware) for the 1-1.5 kilo trigger weight range, which it does well. It is not really designed for the task you had in mind.

The trigger can be used on quite a few actions (with the appropriate adapter), including the R700 (and clones), RPA, etc.

Woody_rod

#64 Postby Woody_rod » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:21 pm

A quick update:

The action body looks like this finished. It is a black/blue finish. The production units will have the finish over the engraving, rather than it being silver as the pic shows.

Woody_rod

#65 Postby Woody_rod » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:50 am

Another update, now that we are close to completing the first actions:

The last machining processes are being done over the next few days. The parts then being sent to the heat treaters.

We have 4 rifles to build right now, 2 x F class and 2 x TR, so that should keep us busy.

We have tested whole actions with triggers attached, all working perfectly. The next few days are the last chance to take advantage of our introductory offer of having your own serial number on the action. I will be adding serial numbers early next week.

On other news, we are now a MidwayUSA dealer for Australia, and will soon put in our first order to the US. Prices are still good, despite the exchange rate.

We would like to reinforce that we are the only legitimate seller of the Goliath 30mm foresight and components. If you see any advertised anywhere else, dont believe it.

RDavies

#66 Postby RDavies » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:32 am

Early in the discussion, you mentioned a front locking action with an aluminium body being available in 2009. Is there any news on this new alumiium bodied front locker?

Woody_rod

#67 Postby Woody_rod » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:03 pm

We are just doing the last steps on the first batch of INCH all steel actions - takes time, we are still working things out as we go.

The CG INCH Delta (alum body) will be in production late 2009, after the next run or two of the steel units.

The Delta is basically the same thing as the INCH, only front locking and alum body, with a steel insert at the front to accept the bolt head and the barrel tenon.

This action will hopefully also provide the chassis for a magazine fed version of the single shot, only considerably lighter.

Woody_rod

#68 Postby Woody_rod » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Update Early April:

We have a dozen actions coming back from the heat treaters now. They will be together and working in about 1 1/2 weeks from now. Have both 308 and 223 bolt faces.

There are another 60 actions being worked on now, with their completion being estimated at about 4-5 weeks.

Woody_rod

#69 Postby Woody_rod » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:43 am

Another quick update:

We now have a dozen actions to put together, after getting the major bits back from the heat treaters yesterday.

We have a half dozen actions that will be available by the end of this week. All in 308 (12mm) bolt face. There are 223 and left handed in common bolt faces coming in the next few weeks.

I will post pics of the finished actions this week.

Woody_rod

#70 Postby Woody_rod » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Another quick update:

Today, I fired a production action for the first time. It is a 308 bolt face unit, with a Pac-Nor barrel, using a B150 chamber. Also using the standard HHE fleXibed system, in a Millenium stock.

Tomorrow, I will have a shot at our local range to see how it goes.

Woody_rod

#71 Postby Woody_rod » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:14 am

Photos as promised:

Rifle is a Millenium stock, CG INCH action with CG Uni trigger, Pac-Nor barrel (med palma contour, 13 twist).

Production units can be ordered without the top dovetail for use in F class if desired.

Me shooting the first production CG INCH at 600 yards on lovely day. Saturday 18th April 2009. Ammo is WInchester case, 46 grains 2208, Dyer HBC bullet, Federal GM210 primer, B150 chamber.

The scoreboard shows a higher score than my usual. Very happy at the performance on the first shoot for the production INCH.

Aubrey

INCH

#72 Postby Aubrey » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:35 am

Congrats! Looks great and it shoots well!
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

Woody_rod

#73 Postby Woody_rod » Sat May 09, 2009 11:28 pm

Update for May 2009, before we travel to the USA for the NRA convention in Phoenix AZ.

I received my own action back from the heat treaters/surface coaters this past week. I screwed the barrel out of another production INCH, and straight into this one - the headspace was essentially the same (its a hvy palma profile Pac Nor). It went into the same Millenium stock I have been using for the testing. The coating is Titanium Nitride, as per the coating on drill bits and carbide inserts.

This picture taken after shooting 100, this time at 800 yards. The action had never been fired before lining it up for the first sighter. The high tech cheek piece padding is part of a stubby holder from the bar!! As the stock is not mine, I cant modify it permanently it in any way.

GM

#74 Postby GM » Sun May 10, 2009 9:04 am

Hi Rod, you must be very pleased with those results.
Very interesting finish on the action.
I'm glad all your hard work is paying off in the shooting results.I hope sales does the same for you.
Have a good one,
Grant.
don't let the bastards grind you down

Woody_rod

#75 Postby Woody_rod » Sun May 10, 2009 11:03 am

Grant,

Thanks for the positive words. Not everyone is positive about the new action. A lot want to stay in the 1970's with designs they are familiar with.

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”