INCH Action

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

Chopper

#16 Postby Chopper » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:16 pm

triplejim,please pm youre shit ,most are sick of the crap that goes on this web , chop. Alan is this a winge forum or what ??????

triplejim

Woody_rod

#17 Postby Woody_rod » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:39 pm

Yes, an endless list. The answer was needle roller bearing.

I dont see the relevance, although the needle roller bearing made it easier to lift the bolt handle if that is what you mean.

Pretty cryptic, any advice on stocks?

Triplejim

#18 Postby Triplejim » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:43 am

Chopper wrote:triplejim,please pm youre shit ,most are sick of the crap that goes on this web , chop. Alan is this a winge forum or what ??????

Paul, your post didn't contribute to the discussion? Regards James

Triplejim

#19 Postby Triplejim » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:49 am

Woody_rod wrote:I dont see the relevance <snip>
It's Robert's design.
Woody_rod wrote:any advice on stocks?
Yes, we have plenty of walnut in stock, let me know quantites, we have two designs. tks James

Robert Chombart

#20 Postby Robert Chombart » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Triplejim wrote:
Woody_rod wrote:I dont see the relevance <snip>
It's Robert's design.

James,
Only a small part of it, contrary to what your post try to imply!!!

Woody_rod wrote:any advice on stocks?
Yes, we have plenty of walnut in stock, let me know quantites, we have two designs. tks James

Finally, common and business senses seem to prevail...

Robert Chombart
Normandy
R.G.C.

Woody_rod

#21 Postby Woody_rod » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:41 pm

Thanks triplejim,

The Walnut stocks look pretty good - had a look on your website, the exhibition grade looks lovely. Is it ok to post a link? James, can you PM me and give me an idea of numbers you have and grades etc for each?

Does the butt shape take Anschutz sized accessories? I see one design (I think) is that for the inletted and non-inletted, or a different style as such?

Do the stocks come finished or plain? What is the typical weight of the stock, or does this vary a fair bit? What is the width of the stock above the trigger position? One last question, is the pull length set for a standard width buttplate, or does it need shortening?

Rod.

Dave P

#22 Postby Dave P » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, the sign of a gentleman in my opinion.

Woody,

I would like to discuss actions in a bolt face suitable for a rim diameter of .512 inches (8x68s).
How long before you would be in a position to move forward as I have a project in mind which may be suitable for your action.

cheers
Dave P

Woody_rod

#23 Postby Woody_rod » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:19 pm

Dave P,

We are on schedule so far to have actions ready for the end of 2008. At this point, these will be 223R and 308W bolt face for obvious commercial reasons. As soon as we have our first batch out, we may be able to do a "special" of some sort.

Fairly simple matter of grabbing a standard bolt and making the face a different size - except for the extractor claw. RC can enter the reply here to answer the question better.

Time will tell about what we can do and how long it will take.

Woody_rod

#24 Postby Woody_rod » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:43 am

As of yesterday (Wednesday 2nd July), we obtained full axis control and braking on our Mazak machining center - we have been at this for some time. Being in the middle of nowhere doesn't help us in obtaining local contractors etc.

We now have material landed in Perth awaiting pickup. This is the exact same material as used in the CG Millenium Rifle action manufactured by HHE in NZ.

Current priority is obtaining tooling and carbide inserts for the above steel.

#25 Postby Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:18 pm

Dave P wrote:Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, the sign of a gentleman in my opinion.

Woody,

I would like to discuss actions in a bolt face suitable for a rim diameter of .512 inches (8x68s).
How long before you would be in a position to move forward as I have a project in mind which may be suitable for your action.

cheers
Dave P

Dave,
CIP gives 13mm for case head diameter. The .308 bolt of the Invh will allow to be increased to this diameter without alteration of the extractor ocket itself.
Only a 0,5mm alteration of the extractor front angle will be required.
The action accepst a 68mm case lenght round. Empty cases will be extracted and removed with no problem, but if cartridge is over 84mm in total lenght, the bolt will have to be removed to eject a unfiredcartridge.
This is not to be consideredas a problem, as there is no other operation than to turn the bolt 35° more and pull back to remove it from the action
Robert Chombart
Normandy

Dave P

#26 Postby Dave P » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:57 pm

Thanks Robert,

Removing the bolt would not be an issue if required. I wont know the overall length till I get a few cases neck turned and seat some bullets. I am planning on using the Berger 210's.

cheers
Dave P

#27 Postby Guest » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:17 am

Dave P wrote:Thanks Robert,

Removing the bolt would not be an issue if required. I wont know the overall length till I get a few cases neck turned and seat some bullets. I am planning on using the Berger 210's.

cheers
Dave P

Dave

Berger makes a 8mmS?
At this weight, the round should not be longer than the CIP OAL of 98mm?
RGC
Normandy

Woody_rod

#28 Postby Woody_rod » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:08 pm

Latest news on the CG INCH action:

The big Mazak machining center is now fully operational, with test pieces being made this past week. A tech guy came over from Adelaide (where we purchased the machine) to undertake the commissioning work, and to do some basic instruction on its use and functions for myself.

We are now sourcing tooling for the machine, with some already in place. This can be a tricky process, as the material is not known at all in Australia as far as I can ascertain. The initial trials have shown a very good finish can be obtained using standard type index tooling.

Woody_rod

#29 Postby Woody_rod » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Our new website is up and running. It has the interesting story of how the CG INCH came about, and plenty of other stuff. Check it out at:

actionclear dot com dot au

Woody_rod

#30 Postby Woody_rod » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:36 pm

Hello all,

After much help from various people, particularly Mike Hodder from Burnley Distributors and his gunsmith mate, I now have a rifle to shoot based on the CG INCH action.

Sorry for the impromptu photo in my loungeroom.

The rifle specs are as follows:

Action: CG INCH rear locking action serial 006
Trigger: CG Universal
Barrel: Krieger, match chamber (308 Factory Palma freebore + 0.030"), deep hole crown
Sights: CG by Centra, front 1 MOA click, rear 0.25MOA click. The long front sight extension tube is one of mine, front iris Gehmann adjustable
Stock: Millenium by HHE in New Zealand, with fleXibed system, with beautiful presentation grade Walnut
Bipod: Bipode, design by CG

Not yet fired a shot!!!

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”