Auspod release

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

Pommy Chris

Re: Auspod release

#16 Postby Pommy Chris » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Chris S wrote:Hi Chris,

Any idea when the next batch of your bipods will be ready for sale?

cheers,
Chris

HI Chris,
Might be able to do a short run between batches depending on my time, but we planned to do next batch in a few weeks.
Cheers
Chris

SunnyCoast 5r

#17 Postby SunnyCoast 5r » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:59 pm

Where can I find out about price and availability??
Thanks
Peter W

Pommy Chris

#18 Postby Pommy Chris » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:58 am

SunnyCoast 5r wrote:Where can I find out about price and availability??
Thanks
Peter W

He Peter,
Next batch should be ready soon, new version is now aluminium, we have been working on the possibility of an aluminium one for a while and now it is available, the CF one is strong and light but the new aluminium one is super strong and still super light, only 452g without windage handle fitted and 495g with fitted. Now only sold with windage handle, price is 520 dollars including Gst. Send me an email for more information, my email is theshalapa@gmail,com.
Cheers
Chris

Pommy Chris

#19 Postby Pommy Chris » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:18 am

Here is a pic of the new aluminium Auspod. With windage handle 495g and only 452g without and now super strong and even more solid super stiff. We tried to break a reject just to see how strong and I am convinced after that test that you could shoot a 50 cal off the aluminium version.
download/file.php?mode=view&id=2408
download/file.php?mode=view&id=2409
windage handle can be swapped around ie for left and right handed people, the one in the pic is set up for me and I am left handed.
Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SunnyCoast 5r

#20 Postby SunnyCoast 5r » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:41 am

Cost and availability???

Pommy Chris

#21 Postby Pommy Chris » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:08 pm

SunnyCoast 5r wrote:Cost and availability???

New one the aluminium pictured above is 520 dollars with the windage handle included and doing a batch now so they are available this week, only a couple though on this batch not spoken for. Postage is 20 bucks for Queensland and 25 for interstate.
Email me at theshalapa@gmail.com if you want one and I will put one aside for you.
Cheers
Chris

superx10

#22 Postby superx10 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi
I had a Joy Pod but felt it was so light in its construction and awkward to get to the right elevation spot but could not fault its finish and neatness, just my experience, also struggling to get the right technec for FTR I have mastered the Harris style as its easy to load it up with forward pressure, this is the hardest part for me in FTR to gain forward pressure. My question is can the Aus Pod be used with forward pressure and how is it best achieved. Have you a youtube clip of the oz pod in use and how does the windage lever work ??
Thanks as I would change over to this discipline one day if I could master the technec.
Thanks

Pommy Chris

#23 Postby Pommy Chris » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:19 pm

superx10 wrote:Hi
I had a Joy Pod but felt it was so light in its construction and awkward to get to the right elevation spot but could not fault its finish and neatness, just my experience, also struggling to get the right technec for FTR I have mastered the Harris style as its easy to load it up with forward pressure, this is the hardest part for me in FTR to gain forward pressure. My question is can the Aus Pod be used with forward pressure and how is it best achieved. Have you a youtube clip of the oz pod in use and how does the windage lever work ??
Thanks as I would change over to this discipline one day if I could master the technec.
Thanks

Contact me on email and pics and vids are easier for further information. That said the reason I started this project was to try to eliminate flex and play. We are now onto something like version 8 as we keep trying to fix every little issue that we find. The new aluminium version is super super stiff, old one was stiff too but aluminium one is another thing moving rifle back and forth on a marine carpet there is very very little rear forward flex which it not the case on most bipods and what we wanted to achieve in the first place. This rear forward flex will give elevation shots, we have tried to make a f open stand on a bipod that was the design idea, probably a crazy idea but was the design plan and we decided that was what we wanted to do, and we have made a bipod that is as forgiving as possible of mistakes. On a flat surface drawing back and forth the cross hairs hardly move which was my aim with this project. I still recommend you do the same each time but mistakes will cost you less than with other bipods due to the rigidity we have achieved.
The windage is simple it is the same as the American team use it is a wand you pull the bipod left and right.. The elevation handle is too high to do this the windage is low and the hand is on the ground so it is braced so tiny adjustments are possible. Having a separate windage means too that elevation is set moving left and right should not mess with your height.
In summary when you take a shot you want it to go where you aimed for that to happen you need a rest or bipod that is stiff and the Auspod is very very stiff And even making a mistake ie not drawing back or loading the rifle should not cost you as much as with other bipods due to this rigidity.
Contact me via email if you want one I have very few left in this batch.
Cheers Chris

Jakec27

#24 Postby Jakec27 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:21 pm

Any links to a video of someone shooting with one?

Pommy Chris

#25 Postby Pommy Chris » Wed May 22, 2019 9:39 am

Jakec27 wrote:Any links to a video of someone shooting with one?

Hoping to have a slow mo one soon.
Chris

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”