brownells aust

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

bruce moulds

brownells aust

#1 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:10 am

does anyone get the impression that brownells aust does not want to stay in business and that they think customers are the enemy?
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Barossa_222

Re: brownells aust

#2 Postby Barossa_222 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:30 am

I agree Bruce. I waited nearly a month for an order. I'd rather buy direct from the states like before.

bruce moulds

#3 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:58 am

you can't blame them for what happens in customs, but contact with them makes you feel like you attacked them.
keep safe,
bruce.

Barossa_222

#4 Postby Barossa_222 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:09 am

I don't blame them for anything that happens outside of their control, but not carrying stock and just pocketing the money from your customers before ordering stock from the states is poor form.

Jarrod Robertson

#5 Postby Jarrod Robertson » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:36 am

Yea, they're rubbish.

I recently tried to order through Sinclares/Brownells U.S. (like I've been doing for years) then at checkout they automatically direct you to the A.U. site.

So I contacted them and asked if I can just put the order in through the U.S site and they replied again directing me to the A.U. site.

Ordering from the U.S. with the shit exchange rate and shipping fees is still cheaper then buying from Brownells A.U. who hold f*#k all stock and just ship from the U.S. anyway.

pigdog

#6 Postby pigdog » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:50 am

yup used them once for something cant remember what but same as above brownells=fail

HamonetMM

#7 Postby HamonetMM » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Their business practices and pricing structures for components is appalling, best keep clear of them.

willow

#8 Postby willow » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:09 pm

The masses will probably still shop there though which is enough to keep them in business unfortunately.

gchippy1

#9 Postby gchippy1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:47 pm

similar problem with brownells phone staff, waited a month sent an email waited two days and phoned them to see if there was a possibility of delivery before ranglan long weekend shoot. first response was email us your order number and we will get back to you , when i informed them i already had two days before ,the story changed to we have 6000 items to go through and each one takes 15 seconds to process, interesting quick change from send an email to its with 6000 others .
my next question i asked was is there an chance of getting it before raglan shoot ,still hoping ,no way you'll get it soon as we can ,im sure im not the only one who rang up thursday the staff member needs to remember some manners. hopefully i will recieve my order soon it will be the last transaction for me with brownells chippy

BillB

#10 Postby BillB » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:36 pm

Ordered part months ago last i heard was your parts are in the country that was weeks ago

bruce moulds

#11 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:44 pm

glad it is just not me.
sad such a golden opportunity for the seller and buyers is being destroyed with such skill.
would it be worth letting brownells usa know what is really happening this end.
it is ultimately their bottom line that is suffering.
keep safe,
bruce.

KHGS

#12 Postby KHGS » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:59 pm

bruce moulds wrote:glad it is just not me.
sad such a golden opportunity for the seller and buyers is being destroyed with such skill.
would it be worth letting brownells usa know what is really happening this end.
it is ultimately their bottom line that is suffering.
keep safe,
bruce.

I have dealt with Brownells for many years, in the early years they were a great company to deal with. Not so in the last 15/20 years, not since the current Frank Brownell took over the company after his father passed away. I would be pretty sure that the Brownells of today do not care one iota for Australian customers, which is why they have gone down the road of appointing Bruce Brown to represent their company in Australia. The Australian market is so small it is not worth the trouble of filling out & lodging the paperwork.
Keith H.
Geriatric Gunsmith.

Jo71

#13 Postby Jo71 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:48 am

I noticed a big change for the worse when Sinclair International was bought out by Brownells. My last experience with Brownells isn't something I want to repeat.

lee_enfield223

#14 Postby lee_enfield223 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:00 pm

they don't answer emails at the australian branch and it says they have items in stock but am still waiting months for a small spring !!!! dont waste your time with them !!!!

bobeager

#15 Postby bobeager » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Brownells AU is being operated by the "Shooters Warehouse" located in Mitchell ACT. They have been around 20 plus years. Some years back, the business was right next door to a well known brothel called "The House of the Rising Sun" . The shooting shop quickly became know to local shooter as either "The House of Promises" or "The Shooter Whorehouse" That should give you an idea of thier customer service record.

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”