brownells aust

Suppliers - have a new product or service to announce? Shooters - have a question or suggestion for a Supplier?

Moderator: Mod

terryx

Re: brownells aust

#16 Postby terryx » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:42 pm

IF this is any help try PRECISION RELOADING in the US www.precisionreloading.com very fast and easy to deal with.

jcinsa

#17 Postby jcinsa » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:17 am

Dealing with Brownells Australia has been an entirely unstatisfactory experiance.
Got an email from them the other day about something I can hardly remember ordering that I had long given up on.
When they were Sinclair’s International in the States the freight they charged was always a rip off, but otherwise they were good to deal with , and timely.
Won’t go near them ever again
Argue with a fool, and all the casual observer will see is two fools arguing.

bruce moulds

#18 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:12 am

terryx,
what are the issues and processes of getting stuff from precision reloading to your door?
thinking in terms of cases and projectiles.
of note is they sell stuff to suit hunting as well.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

michaeljp

#19 Postby michaeljp » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:09 pm

The problem with buying brass and projectiles from the states is that they have to apply to the US government for a export licence. Some places will and at your cost, some won't because its to much trouble. Ive had very good experience with reloadinginternational.com and ive also had good experiences with brownells australia in importing bulk projectiles that are not available for sale here in Australia.

Chris

#20 Postby Chris » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Over 2 months now waiting for a bolt head and springs, extractor, etc. Parts on back order are listed as in stock on US site.

bad_primer

#21 Postby bad_primer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:58 pm

I almost purchased something from Brownells in Australia after getting bumped to it by the US shop. I almost brought something from them but was informed in time that it was Shooters warehouse I was actually purchasing from. Killed the order there and then.

Stories above accord with the experience I have had dealing with the jerk and of others I know that have dealt with him.

Everyone, just throw your support behind one of the other great businesses supplying the target sports in Australia and avoid Brownells Australia. I’ll be waiting for BRT to get want I want into stock.

lee_enfield223

#22 Postby lee_enfield223 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:14 am

Just got an email from brownells USA saying that we can now buy directly from the USA site, i wonder if the penny has finally dropped !!!!!!

michaeljp

#23 Postby michaeljp » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:55 am

I have been waiting for an order for a week or 2. I emailed them and got a reply the next day. My other dealings with them has been ok. Lucky i guess. But i received an email from Brownells US, say i can order direct with them again.

macguru

#24 Postby macguru » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:49 pm

Shooters Warehouse have got stuff for me that i could not get directly from the states, so i have a good opinion about them...

Interestingly though, I received an email from brownells usa today telling me i could again order directly from them if i wished, so perhaps shooters warehouse are losing their grip/monopoly.

i will probably use both at different times
id quod est

Uncle Red

#25 Postby Uncle Red » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:01 pm

I have used the USA Sinclair/ Brownells site many times over the years and the Australian site three times, both this year if it is a firearm part that involves an export permit the Australian is worth the wait... last time only four weeks....previously lost bloody count.

6.5x55ai

#26 Postby 6.5x55ai » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:25 pm

terryx wrote:IF this is any help try PRECISION RELOADING in the US http://www.precisionreloading.com very fast and easy to deal with.

I found them to be very helpful EXCEPT they don't accept CC. Need to wire them funds or use Western Union. Both methods unsatisfactory for me.

Brownell Oz prices for me (NZ) are significantly dearer than ex Brownells USA. Same with their UK outlet.

Fire Dog

#27 Postby Fire Dog » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:51 pm

I have been told by Brownells in the USA that they "NO LONGER HAVE ANY CONNECTION WITH BROWNELLS AUSTRALIA"...
This was at the end of last year when I made an inquiry about something that was listed on the au site but long out of stock on that site.
I have regularly ordered things from Brownells in the USA and get weekly emails from them on all their "Specials" {SIGH! such things that we can only dream of here in the Land of OZ}
They have always been willing to do business with me for anything that is not a firearm part or brass or projectiles (that requires permit to export from USA and to import to OZ)
Makes you cry to see what the stuff costs in the USA and what we pay for it here...!!!
Only just found this link and that is why I am late in posting this...
I note that many have complained about the service at Brownells au and I have had a similar experience on my last purchase from them.
I had to place a second order for something that I had forgotten seconds after I had posted and paid for the first one and did not want to have to pay two separate shipping fees by having the two orders consolidated and got a scorching email from the chap running the place when I queried the request... He acted as though I had accused him of ripping me off and said that he HAD put the orders in one shipment and NOT charged two shipping charges but in the future he WOULD do just that since I had accused him of gauging extra $ from the shipment by charging twice but only sending everything in one box.... Really off the air and I told him so. I only asked that since I had found both orders in one box if the second shipping payment had been charged. A legitimate question I thought...
It was not evident from the paperwork that came with the order and he could simply have just told me that NO no double charge was made for shipping... Easy without going off the deep end!
Won't be doing any business there anymore...!!! :evil: [-X {:~(

Return to “Supplier News and Discussion”