PRS IS COMING , WE HAVE TO EVOLVE !

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

GSells

Re: PRS IS COMING , WE HAVE TO EVOLVE !

#106 Postby GSells » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:38 am

Mick_762 wrote:
Bigtravoz wrote: All for the addition of new classes and maybe there could be a separate class shot before or after the main f class shooters have done their thing.

Is the F Class shoot then going to be "before or after" the main TR or FTR shooters?

If u are talking about Dalby , prs at 8 am , f class at 12:30 .
Message Darling Downs Rc on fb page to be sure ! Regards Graham.

GSells

#107 Postby GSells » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:40 am

Vote 1 bring suppressors back in Lol! I sore one being used in NZ and was very pleasant in noise !

Bigtravoz

#108 Postby Bigtravoz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:19 pm

Mick_762 wrote:
Bigtravoz wrote: All for the addition of new classes and maybe there could be a separate class shot before or after the main f class shooters have done their thing.

Is the F Class shoot then going to be "before or after" the main TR or FTR shooters?

Stupid question!

Ftr and fullbore target rifle are currently shot at the same time on most ranges and basically fall into the same style of shooting. What they are proposing is a different thing and needs to be given the opportunity to be allowed without causing previously stated issues that concern the other classes!

mick l

#109 Postby mick l » Sun May 20, 2018 1:39 pm

I see this debate is about is along the lines of Fclass v PRS

To my way of thinking there is no debate , unless clubs grab this exciting and new style of shooting they will be doomed.

I've seen PRS matches sell out in twenty minutes while some prize meetings fail to attract two dozen entries.

Need we say more?

Respect the past , and remember that it is the past!
The exciting future awaits those who grasp it.

Pete

#110 Postby Pete » Tue May 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Mick that is certainly one way of phrasing it.....
But perhaps many of us would prefer that this thread was how F Class and PRS style matches can possibly co-exist on our ranges and thereby strengthen
our community as a whole.
EVERYONE has there right to enjoy their own type of shooting discipline and all disciplines have skill factors that any reasonable person should respect.

Full bore, F Class AND PRS/PSR should be working together and that way everyone benefits and I for one hope that is what the future holds, because it is certainly what our community needs.
Regards
Pete

mick l

#111 Postby mick l » Tue May 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Pete , that is exactly what we have done on our range at Warracknabeal.

Everyone is welcome to shoot every weekend what ever style and any caliber up to .50 cal
With "nraa" style of shooting declining in numbers , it was time to open up to others rather than exclude at our peril.

Barry Davies

#112 Postby Barry Davies » Wed May 23, 2018 8:29 am

It's a great pity that not all clubs see it as you do Mick.
Barry

Cliff Austen

#113 Postby Cliff Austen » Thu May 24, 2018 8:13 pm

Growing the sport takes time and dedication.
When I joined Nowra Rifle Club in 1992 we had 12-16 members, we now have 451.
Not everyone wants to shoot Fullbore or F Class. Give the customer what they want.
We have evolved Nowra Rifle Club into a multi-disciplined shooting club shooting 14 different long arm codes and 8 pistol codes on 6 shooting ranges within our complex.
The club as a whole is affiliated through the NSW Shooting Association. we are not a SSAA club.
See our web site and take a look at our monthly calendar to get an idea of what we do.
www.nowrarifleclub.com.au
cheers
Cliff

Cienfuegos

#114 Postby Cienfuegos » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:22 pm

Hello friends, I write from Spain (Europe) and I speak from my experience as a Fclass Open and PRS veteran class shooter. And one thing and the other have nothing to do with it. They are different people from each other. In my case, the PRS is for going with my friends who do not shoot FClass. The FClass only needs a new category: the Range Rifle ... The same as in PRS with its muzzle compensator, firing on a tactical bipod and without rear supports. Here in Spain we call it Fclass Production and it has had a good entry of PRS shooters into F-Class who want to learn to master the wind.
Greetings.

superx10

#115 Postby superx10 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:56 am

I am of the understanding that F class shooters and TR shooters have the opportunity to shoot sporter/hunter class in either open class or standard that is shot in my area at the Belmont range about every month or so.
The idea of running around in between shots would be tiresome for may F class and TR shooters.
Just my two bobs worth.

sortwell

#116 Postby sortwell » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:58 am

If you want more people involved in the sport why not create a class that is focussed on shooting skills rather than reloading skills, or skills in earning the most money to afford the best gunsmith/rifle skill.
A standard class, could be based on:
1. A single standard rifle action/barrel/scope/rest/rear bag for all participants (get Darryl back, I am sure he could get a grant sufficient to supply every shooting club with 20 or so standard rifles). Maybe 2 standard rifles as you would want a different standard for juniors to encourage youth participation.
2. A single standard ammo for all participants

That way the amount of money that one has to spend will make very little difference (other than those people who can afford to practice a lot will improve more quickly). It would make it a contest of skills and place every competitor on pretty much a level playing field.

New participants could start at this class, and depending on their skill be competitive from day one.

Jackal

#117 Postby Jackal » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:51 am

If only we could have moderators then all parties would be happy.

macguru

#118 Postby macguru » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:12 am

Gosh this is the biggest topic in target shooting right now... After the success of the nsw SH division in the queens, all i can say is the rules worked, and people can shoot their prs chassis rifle, with some limitations, and adapt to single shot no brake to keep the other competitors happy. I hope the nraa gets this right because we need the new - and younger - membership if the sport is to survive.
id quod est

cheech

#119 Postby cheech » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:36 pm

Loxton club in SA I believe have led the way in acceptance of all shooters of different disciplines and their chosen equipment . Also developed first accreditation of steel gong shooting on NRAA range fully insured prize meetings inclusive of shooters of other Associations , we have SSAA PRS shooters enter with muzzle brakes no problem

Loxton has been doing S/H for years before it current introduction purely to encourage membership for our clubs small membership, even the ‘Barnard shooters ‘ bring a hunting rifle for a whirl .

But just this week I’ve had PRS shooters wanting to build Fclass rifles to gain more trigger time due to lack of PRS matches being held , go figure ?

NRAA have the ranges that other associations would die for , we have the upper hand to accomodate but severely fall short on ‘change’ and ‘acceptance ‘ to enable success

dazza284

#120 Postby dazza284 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:34 am

One thing you will never get in this country is shooting like this when I found out PRS was at fixed Ranges I didn't bother .
Like everything else in this country with the shooting sports it's a watered down version not even worth pursuing .
Yes I know I'm a grumpy 57 year old prick just watch the video and you tell me what you want to shoot.
https://youtu.be/6oy2F5n_0rs

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”