PRS IS COMING , WE HAVE TO EVOLVE !

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

GSells

Re: PRS IS COMING , WE HAVE TO EVOLVE !

#106 Postby GSells » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:38 am

Mick_762 wrote:
Bigtravoz wrote: All for the addition of new classes and maybe there could be a separate class shot before or after the main f class shooters have done their thing.

Is the F Class shoot then going to be "before or after" the main TR or FTR shooters?

If u are talking about Dalby , prs at 8 am , f class at 12:30 .
Message Darling Downs Rc on fb page to be sure ! Regards Graham.

GSells

#107 Postby GSells » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:40 am

Vote 1 bring suppressors back in Lol! I sore one being used in NZ and was very pleasant in noise !

Bigtravoz

#108 Postby Bigtravoz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:19 pm

Mick_762 wrote:
Bigtravoz wrote: All for the addition of new classes and maybe there could be a separate class shot before or after the main f class shooters have done their thing.

Is the F Class shoot then going to be "before or after" the main TR or FTR shooters?

Stupid question!

Ftr and fullbore target rifle are currently shot at the same time on most ranges and basically fall into the same style of shooting. What they are proposing is a different thing and needs to be given the opportunity to be allowed without causing previously stated issues that concern the other classes!

mick l

#109 Postby mick l » Sun May 20, 2018 1:39 pm

I see this debate is about is along the lines of Fclass v PRS

To my way of thinking there is no debate , unless clubs grab this exciting and new style of shooting they will be doomed.

I've seen PRS matches sell out in twenty minutes while some prize meetings fail to attract two dozen entries.

Need we say more?

Respect the past , and remember that it is the past!
The exciting future awaits those who grasp it.

Pete

#110 Postby Pete » Tue May 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Mick that is certainly one way of phrasing it.....
But perhaps many of us would prefer that this thread was how F Class and PRS style matches can possibly co-exist on our ranges and thereby strengthen
our community as a whole.
EVERYONE has there right to enjoy their own type of shooting discipline and all disciplines have skill factors that any reasonable person should respect.

Full bore, F Class AND PRS/PSR should be working together and that way everyone benefits and I for one hope that is what the future holds, because it is certainly what our community needs.
Regards
Pete

mick l

#111 Postby mick l » Tue May 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Pete , that is exactly what we have done on our range at Warracknabeal.

Everyone is welcome to shoot every weekend what ever style and any caliber up to .50 cal
With "nraa" style of shooting declining in numbers , it was time to open up to others rather than exclude at our peril.

Barry Davies

#112 Postby Barry Davies » Wed May 23, 2018 8:29 am

It's a great pity that not all clubs see it as you do Mick.
Barry

Cliff Austen

#113 Postby Cliff Austen » Thu May 24, 2018 8:13 pm

Growing the sport takes time and dedication.
When I joined Nowra Rifle Club in 1992 we had 12-16 members, we now have 451.
Not everyone wants to shoot Fullbore or F Class. Give the customer what they want.
We have evolved Nowra Rifle Club into a multi-disciplined shooting club shooting 14 different long arm codes and 8 pistol codes on 6 shooting ranges within our complex.
The club as a whole is affiliated through the NSW Shooting Association. we are not a SSAA club.
See our web site and take a look at our monthly calendar to get an idea of what we do.
www.nowrarifleclub.com.au
cheers
Cliff

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”