Likey Likey! - QRA Development Squad

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

aaronraad

Likey Likey! - QRA Development Squad

#1 Postby aaronraad » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

scott/r

Re: Likey Likey! - QRA Development Squad

#2 Postby scott/r » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:21 pm

I've just booked in for the t/r side of the development squad in January. Looking forward to the weekend shooting and learning along side the scopies. Quite a few guys have and will be going out of their way for the weekend to help us new guys out. =D>

aaronraad

#3 Postby aaronraad » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Good to hear the opportunity isn't going wasted. :D

Everyone's resources seem to be tight at the moment, there are more bargains on usedguns.com.au than you can poke stick at. If the QRA can't continue to measure success with the program, I have no doubt they will look to other opportunities with a better return.
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

scott/r

#4 Postby scott/r » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:05 am

I've been wanting to mention to everyone about how good a weekend this was, but I couldn't find this thread for looking.haha.
Anyways, I would really like to thank all the guys and girls who were involved in organizing this weekend. It was a cracker of a weekend with, I believe 15 t/r and 11 f class shooters ranging in ages from 15 to the retired and touring. The amount of time and effort that these guys put into these couple of days would not have been much different from putting up a prize shoot. From Mike Samuels talking us through wind and range reading to Tony Berry bringing his whole reloading room in to explain all the different aspect available to the hand loader. And Rod Prayel (hope I got your name right Rod) making sure that all the ranges were ready to go and cooking the bbqs for us. Especially to Russell Saxby and Andrew Burns for organizing everything. =D> =D>
I know I haven't mentioned everyone who was involved in making this weekend happen, and I apologize for not knowing your names yet, but thanks for being a part of an awesome weekend that has made such a huge difference to my and I believe 25 other people's shooting.

Julian D

#5 Postby Julian D » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:23 am

Well said Scott .

It was fantastic , I learnt more in those 2 days than in 10 months about wind reading & what to look out for . Hopefully it continues & I for one will certainly go back . The knowledge of the mentors was incredible & they were happy to pass it on , something you don't see all the time .

To all the volunteers who gave their time for us , thank you .

aaronraad

#6 Postby aaronraad » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Encouraging feedback. :)

Make sure you pass it onto the QRA also. I'm sure the QRA (and maybe a few other organisation) would like to 'know' they are moving in the right direction and not just 'hoping'.

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”