Welcome or not

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Re: Welcome or not

#31 Postby AlanF » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Be careful , or you might get addicted to F-Class, and all other parts of your life will become secondary :D .

plumbs7

#32 Postby plumbs7 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:22 pm

I'm a bit late , but welcome Gerhardt . If u join or have already joined Riply it's a very strong club with IMO some of the best shots in Qld !That Dta thread was unfortunate in which I posted some passionate threads which in even went into religion (dunno how it got there!). Yes I have gotten myself in trouble in this forum ( a number of times) with my passion! Hopefully I have grown as a competitor and a person and learnt to keep my mouth shut at the approximate times! The Dta thread was one where I should have kept out. But at the time I had a more tactical looking Remington and was just defending it. The Remington I built up over time and got it to shoot eventually. .

I'm very passionate about helping newbies and new members to the sport and wouldn't turn anyone away at club level just because they have a brake or looked tactical ! Your rifle doesn't look tac at all, it's quite nice !

If you start competing on the local opm scene , I'm sure that u will get to meet some of the SE Qld shooters on this forum. If u are giving it ur all , I'm very sure ull be treated with respect . Especially if u start beating us all! That's the quickest way to get respect lol!

Looking forward to meeting you. I have a 14 year Son that shoots standard with " black Betty " my old rem. He somehow at a recent opm , shocked us all and shot a 90.7 at 800 yds and beat me by 1 point at that range ! Who knew ! I haven't even shot a 90 at that range !
I truly love this sport , but more so the people in it ! There's a real feeling , as I call it
" Anzac Spirit" of mate ship !
U know ur hooked when u go to a prize meet and all u do is catch up with old friends ! Especially when u missed the barbecue because ur gas bagging ( I'm real bad at it).
Just so u know who I am ,( so u can say ga day) Graham Sells . Dalby/Tara RC . Best wishes mate !

.248WIN

#33 Postby .248WIN » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi Graham

I have joined Crows Nest.I have been to Wondai as well.From where I live. Crows, Wondai and Dalby are in a triangle all within 90 km.So I suppose I will land up at at Dalby ,at one stage.

Thanks to every one on this thread,looks like I have ruffled a few fevers as well. But I was excepted at Crows without any problem.

If I do go to Dalby I will be on the look out for you Graham

Regards
Gerhard Louw

plumbs7

#34 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:14 pm

.248WIN wrote:Hi Graham

I have joined Crows Nest.I have been to Wondai as well.From where I live. Crows, Wondai and Dalby are in a triangle all within 90 km.So I suppose I will land up at at Dalby ,at one stage.

Thanks to every one on this thread,looks like I have ruffled a few fevers as well. But I was excepted at Crows without any problem.

If I do go to Dalby I will be on the look out for you Graham

Regards
Gerhard Louw

Hi mate , glad to hear you were welcomed ! Crows nest is another tricky range , especially at 600yds . I just heard a birdy tell me that the Darling Downs RC opm will be held there in November . So maybe a chance for your first prize meet.
Also keep an eye out for Dalby Facebook page for info and Darling downs Facebook page too.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?v=ti ... 2814001373
You won't miss me when u see me , fat , balding and a lot of gas bagging!( all hot air no doubt!) Lol! Cheers Graham.

Bigtravoz

#35 Postby Bigtravoz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Not sure what your problem with a black rifle would be? Many people shoot what the uneducated would call “tactical” looking rifles, most of the folks I have met in my time in NRAA shooting couldn’t care less about what they look like as long as they are a rifle (preferably bolt action) and you can load them one shot at a time. Most of the folks I have met are also pretty easy going, and welcoming. Most are willing to help you learn and improve, and are there for the enjoyment of the sport and the social aspect that comes with it. If you have found a club where you don’t feel welcome, then you have found the wrong club, and to be honest the next one up the road deserves your attendance and would surely be more supportive!

Travis

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”