Rifle Shooter Magazine F Class article

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

#1 Postby ecomeat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:19 pm

The latest Rifle Shooter Magazine (it's a US based e-magazine that I get on Kindle every month for less than $2-00) has got an article on F Class in the latest edition.
F for Fantastic gives an interesting insight into the way some US shooters perceive F Class.
The author describes his first attempt at F Class Open, which he wins apparently, and recommends either a 6.5 x 284 or 6.5 x 47 as the way to go, shooting at 800, 900 and 1000 yards.
I get "Rifle Shooter", "Shooting Times" and "Guns and Ammo" each month via Kindle, and they are all around the $1-85 mark each issue
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Triplejim

#2 Postby Triplejim » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:31 pm

Very interesting, can you provide some links? tks James

ecomeat

Re: Rifle Shooter Magazine F Class article

#3 Postby ecomeat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:12 pm

Bloody good question James. ! I just accidentally got onto them a couple of years ago.
Ok....first you have to have the Kindle Reader.....for probably IPad, or PC. If you don't have The Kindle App , or can't read ebooks on a PC, or on an Apple device, just google "Kindle" and I am sure you can download it for free.
Then go to the Kindle Store which is part of amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/kindle-store-eboo ... =133141011

Under the drop down menu ap the top, go to Categories.
Select "Magazines" and the search for say "rifle"
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That didn't work too well :D I had it, then last it.
Easiest way is just google "Kindle Rifle Shooter Magazine", and the very first search result takes you straight to the correct Amazon web page.
Then do the same search for "Kindle Shooting Times magazine" and "Kindle Guns and Ammo magazine"
They are only 70-80 pages, lots of Ads for those shocking black guns that Bruce never liked, along with a gazillion pistols etc, but high quality digital photos and easy to navigate.
For a couple of bucks an issue....and apparently it's every two months....it not bad value for an addictee !
If you go to the Kindle Store on Amazon, the are a hell of a lot of shooting related books available as normal e-books which means they are always there ready on my old iPad version 1, and always open up at the last page you were on.
There are magazines available "electronically" on just about any sport/hobby/lifestyle subject that you could ever imagine. Mind blowing, actually.
You can store Kindle ebooks and magazines either on your device, or in "the cloud", and they are always just sitting there, ready to open up your whole "library", or the last page you were on , for each book/magazine.
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”