Rosedale Event for Sporting Shooters

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Rosedale Event for Sporting Shooters

#1 Postby AlanF » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:56 pm

We will be running an event on Saturday week which we hope will grow into a monthly arrangement. We get a lot of requests for sighting in and testing hunting and other centre-fire rifles because of the lack of facilities elsewhere in the region. So hopefully it will provide that service, and may also generate some new memberships if some choose to stay for the afternoon and shoot longer ranges with us.

http://www.ozfclass.com/rrr/pdf/SaturdayMorningShootFlyer.pdf

I'll let you know how it goes. We've had a dozen pre-register so far.

Brad Y

Re: Rosedale Event for Sporting Shooters

#2 Postby Brad Y » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:18 am

Well done Alan- we offer field rifle shooting as well and with a club that has over 100 member I would say that nearly 50 of them are field rifle shooters. Its a great way to introduce the sport and hopefully get new shooters across to F class later on.

Seddo

#3 Postby Seddo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:41 pm

I wish i could be there but the wife has a weekend away planned. I will try for the next one.
----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

Steve N

#4 Postby Steve N » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:04 am

I was lucky enough to attend this day and have to say and the effort put in by Alan with Jeff, Noel and other members of the Rosedale Club was nothing short of amazing. On arrival the extremely wet windy conditions had most thinking the day would be cancelled. It was also immediately obvious how much effort had been put into setting up and organizing the day. The local sporting shooters were keen to give it a go so after a couple of hours in the clubroom enjoying the local hospitality and a warm fire the shooting finally got under way very smoothly under the careful supervision of the range officers Alan and Noel. All that participated seemed very happy with the result and left hoping it could all happen again on a more pleasant day.
The event was held at quite some expense by the club with a massive $2000 gazebo being blown into a twisted piece of scrap by a huge wind gust. :shock: :shock:
Very well done Rosedale Rifle Club. =D> =D> =D>
Steve
Last edited by Steve N on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:49 am

Steve,

Nice meeting you and thanks for the kind words. It was great to see we had a reasonable turn out despite the bad weather (believe me it was the worst patch of weather at Rosedale for many weeks). There was no whinging - everyone concentrated on making the best of it and appeared to enjoy the day. Our members are keen to keep this going, so I'll be e-mailing all those who came for feedback and also those who couldn't make it for their ideas also. If we can get this running regularly and smoothly with good numbers then I see it as a win-win outcome for Rosedale range and for all the shooters who'll be using it.

Alan

Norm

#6 Postby Norm » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Alan, when is the next event likely to be held?
I have an idea!!

Seddo

#7 Postby Seddo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:32 pm

13th of December. Another weekend I'm not around. :cry:
----------------------

Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

Norm

#8 Postby Norm » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:55 am

Seddo wrote:13th of December. Another weekend I'm not around. :cry:

You better be around on January 24th for the "SEDDO SUPER SHOOT".

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Norm wrote:You better be around on January 24th for the "SEDDO SUPER SHOOT".

Tell us more!

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”