NRAA Fantasy?

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

aaronraad

NRAA Fantasy?

#1 Postby aaronraad » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:34 pm

Just something on a lighter note, instead of all that coning spiral trajectory talk.

Has anyone thought about how an NRAA Fantasy team, or even a ICFRA Fantasy team might might be adopted.

I admit to having nothing to do with NRA Fantasy team concept other than a single conversion with couple of blokes at a pub a few week back. I do like how it has forced the average rugby league supporters to better understand and become critical of player performances. Let alone the extra element of interest that it adds to the game.

Maybe for each Queen's you select: 5 x TR; 2 x F-Std; 2 x F-Open; and 1 x F-T/R shooters. Maybe we could make it an F-Class thing, like our own Calcutta.

Just thinking out loud, but it really gets supporters thinking about a season of NRAA shooting?
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

shooter mcreid

Re: NRAA Fantasy?

#2 Postby shooter mcreid » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:00 pm

A salary cap might add an extra layer of interest.

jasmay

#3 Postby jasmay » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

:shock: Whats rugby :shock:

aaronraad

#4 Postby aaronraad » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 pm

jasmay wrote::shock: Whats rugby :shock:

The reason my knees funded the children of orthopaedic surgeons through private schools. :-({|=
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

RDavies

#5 Postby RDavies » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:45 pm

It would be good to try. At least most clubs can dig up enough shooters in each discipline to make it more possible.

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:22 pm

Rod,

My understanding of fantasy teams is that they're "virtual" teams chosen by individuals for a competition. So the entrants in the competition would choose a team from the entry list for a Queens event, and the entrant whose team scored the most total points for the event would win. My main concern is that it'd require fairly complex online system to create and administer, particularly if it proved popular.

Alan

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”