Where to now.........?

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

jcinsa

#16 Postby jcinsa » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:55 pm

That's very funny DannyS !
Argue with a fool, and all the casual observer will see is two fools arguing.

macguru

#17 Postby macguru » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:34 pm

Still I hope the part about F-Class being sexy is true 8)

higginsdj

#18 Postby higginsdj » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:29 am

bruce moulds wrote:david, our fclass assn. works purely as an advisory machine for sara.
we have a seconded bember on the sara council.
we have no intent to take over, but rather to work within.
this does not however stop us from developing a relationship with media etc for the benefit of tr and fclass.
bruce.

Are there fees etc that f class members have to pay? Who covers insurance for the association (ie Directors and Officials insurance)? In Pistol we just got hit with legal advice that the coverage at the top level was for top level only and every sub association and committee required it's own insurance (as we found out when a sub association was sued for it's advice/decisions by a disgruntled member - there was no coverage so the association leadership affected had to foot the legal and other costs individually!)

Cheers

David

bruce moulds

#19 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:55 pm

david,
there is a token fee to join safca, which covers a sticker etc that new members are given.
the sole purpose of the assn. is to coordinate the majority view of fclass shooters, and present this to sara through our council member, coopted by sara.
prior to the assn., different shooters were telling sara different things, and this confused them. now they just get one message, making it much easier to manage fclass.
we organize nothing, but advise sara of our requirements. they then make the decisions.
we have a good website and try to promote etc, but within the bounds of sara.
we are an appendix of sara
fcasa was not started to be conflictual in any way with sara, but to work within it, as much as anything keeping the waters smooth.
we are part of sara.
hopefully this helps understand how it works.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Craig McGowan

#20 Postby Craig McGowan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Bruce,

Any chance you could provide us with some details on what steps you went thru to set up the FCASA. If it is too long winded, or you did not wish to provide the details in a public forum you could pm me. Your approach is something which may work with the QRA........We could only try.

Regards

Craig.

bruce moulds

#21 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:05 pm

craig,
most of the credit goes to Richard braund.
I am just one of the members, who sees the theory go into practice, and who is allowed to have input.
I have not necessarily agreed with all things done, but that is democracy, and that is why I support it.
it works because we show sara respect and over the time they have accepted the giving of respect to us, because we earned it..
I will talk to the exec of the assn. & get back to you.
done right it will work for you and qra.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880

http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”