A Pit lane

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

higginsdj

A Pit lane

#1 Postby higginsdj » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 am

I'm a newbie but I seem to recall reading somewhere that when shooting one was supposed to have ones rifle sitting behind the firing point was was assigned. In my limited experience I see rifles unloaded from cars and placed behind the mound at a point of convenience near the car - not behind ones assigned firing point. Visitors to the club not only want to see shooting but they would also like to inspect the equipment and setups.

If everyone had their equipment set up in a 'pit lane' behind the mounds then it would be more inviting for visitors and easier to compare one setup to another, trigger questions and conversations et al! The only place equipment seems to be lined up at the moment is on the mound and shooting!

Cheers

David

Barry Davies

#2 Postby Barry Davies » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:13 am

David,
I think you will find that leaving rifles sort of lying around contravenes firearm laws.
The law says firearms must be in " possession " at all times.
" Possession ' Can mean many things. Safer to lock them up in the car when not being used.
Barry

higginsdj

#3 Postby higginsdj » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:56 am

Sorry, I didn't mean leave them unattended.

Cheers

David

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”