Hows about some F class articles in shooting magazines?

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

Hows about some F class articles in shooting magazines?

#1 Postby RDavies » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:33 pm

I have spoken to a few 1000yd BR shooters and Fly shooters lately and the majority didnt know what F class was. Some had heard of it, but werent interested in it, because they wanted to use scopes and rests etc :shock:

It seems there are a lot of people with all the right equipment, just dont know anything about F class, dont know its out there and are willing to travell long distances to fire 15 shots or so in a comp. The SSAA has a huge number of members and its monthly mag has regular articles on Flyshoots and 1000yd BR, so naturaly, there participation is much higher.
Is there anyone out there with good editorial skills, who can take a few good pictures and send some articles into Guns and Game, Guns Australia or Sporting Shooter magazine?
I plan to take my digital camera to the next few shoots and might try to string some words together for some sort of article.

dhv

#2 Postby dhv » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Have to agree with you there. As someone who is casually interested and who will have a go at F class once I get the H license squared away, I've found very little useful information out there to encourage me.
Most of the F class sites tend to focus on proposed rule changes and championship scores; in other words they are aimed at current F class shooters.
Something that informs existing (non F class) shooters on what to expect if they front up at a range with a rifle not specifically designed for F class, or provides some assurance of how to get up and running in the discipline without spending heaps on the worng kit, would be most useful.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Near the top of my do list (for a while now) has been a "what is F-Class?" page on ozfclass.com .......

IanP

#4 Postby IanP » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:17 pm

AlanF wrote:Near the top of my do list (for a while now) has been a "what is F-Class?" page on ozfclass.com .......

Something like this would be nice Alan!
http://www.fclass.ca/index.html

Ian

dhv

#5 Postby dhv » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Great link, there goes my Sunday night!
Thanks

RDavies

#6 Postby RDavies » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Exactly what I was meaning dhv, a simple run down on what a newbie should know. If I took pictures, it wont all be of my fancy looking gear, it will be a pic of my converted hunting rifle, a regular F class standard rig and a full on custom F Open rifle. A brief description on what F class is, with nothing too technical to turn them off before they finish the first paragraph.

dhv

#7 Postby dhv » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:29 pm

Great start.

Other ideas; a narrative of how the day progresses, things NOT to do, how to have a first crack with your bog standard remchester hunting rifle, etc.

johnk

#8 Postby johnk » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:55 pm

RDavies wrote: it wont all be of my fancy looking gear...
C'mon, mate, we know it shoots, but that black stock gives gear described as plain a feeling of superiority. :D

M12LRPV

#9 Postby M12LRPV » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 pm

I've been trying to do just that with my clubs website and have been getting good feedback but there is still a long way to go.

www.bcrc.iinet.net.au

dhv

#10 Postby dhv » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Thats getting more like it, some usefull stuff on there, thanks.
Wonder why that one never came up when I was looking?

M12LRPV

#11 Postby M12LRPV » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:38 pm

dhv wrote:Thats getting more like it, some usefull stuff on there, thanks.
Wonder why that one never came up when I was looking?

Only been up a year and takes a while to make a presence in the search engines.

dhv

#12 Postby dhv » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:44 pm

Worth the wait :D

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”