Sick of (unruly) Dogs and Kids at the range!!!

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

mick l

#16 Postby mick l » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:20 am

Congratulations M12LRPV,

Its great to see kids around the range ,it would be great if more would bring the family with them.

Mick

M12LRPV

#17 Postby M12LRPV » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:57 am

mick l wrote:Congratulations M12LRPV,

Its great to see kids around the range ,it would be great if more would bring the family with them.

Mick

I will say though that we couldn't do it if it wasn't for the marvellous support of our club.

Rifle Ranges have their obvious dangers and truth be told it takes more than one pair of eyes to look out for a kid at the range.

That does put a burden on others but for most of those people do seem to enjoy it and I thank them whole heartedly for their help.

johnk

#18 Postby johnk » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 pm

No matter how much benefit accrues, some parents & owners don't take enough care.

I've been round long enough to have seen both children & dogs run forward then across the firing point. I've seen dogs crap ad lib & fountain urine across every bit of private property on the range in sight of their owners who smile & turn a blind eye .

I'm left with the impression that those carers are usually the same SOBs who rant, rave & demand their every whim of the club & its members & don't get off their arses when working bees come around.

On the other hand, there are those who are aware of the needs & prejudices of others & whose mutts are decorations on the range & whose kids are under control way back of the firing point.

AlanF

#19 Postby AlanF » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Regarding dogs, well-behaved or not, I think they should be tethered. And if someone says "I'll give up shooting if they bring that in", then I'll give them a list of dog clubs to join :D .

Alan

M12LRPV

#20 Postby M12LRPV » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:46 pm

AlanF wrote:Regarding dogs, well-behaved or not, I think they should be tethered. And if someone says "I'll give up shooting if they bring that in", then I'll give them a list of dog clubs to join :D .

Alan

Seen a few kids that need tethering too :lol:

Paul Janzso

#21 Postby Paul Janzso » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:46 am

You need more Emoticons Alan
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

AlanF

#22 Postby AlanF » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:40 am

pest bird wrote:You need more Emoticons Alan

Fair enough : :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

M12LRPV

#23 Postby M12LRPV » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:53 pm

pest bird wrote:You need more Emoticons Alan

:lol:

orangegrove

#24 Postby orangegrove » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:13 am

I agree leave the dogs at home.
But if it wasn't for the kids I wouldn't be a shooter now.

If we dont allow the kids at the range when will they get interested in this sport? and how long do you think it will be before there is no more target shooting? Let the kids be involved train them in scoring, marking, etc. Then maybe the sport will grow well into the future not shrink as it is doing now.

Seddo

#25 Postby Seddo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:57 am

The other thing is if there are no kids will the people bringing them still be able to shoot. I know i struggle to get 1 saturday a amonth to shoot with 2 kids and a wife that works in retails.
----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

Woody_rod

#26 Postby Woody_rod » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Well we drag our kids to the range each weekend. One child flatley refuses to shoot. Our daughter has just turned 12, and is very excited that she is now old enough to shoot. :D

We have (Age 9) son that we use shooting as his currency. If he does well at school, and doesn't get dentention, he is aloud to shoot on Saturday, after everyone else has finished. Since we started this reward his behaviour has improved no end. :wink: He can't want until he turns 12, so he can become a member.

Dogs...we have a couple that attend weekend shoots, but they are very well behaved, and stay on the back of their utes until the shoot has finished.

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”