Had my first shoot today....

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

Johno42

Had my first shoot today....

#1 Postby Johno42 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:32 pm

As a shooter who has recently returned to the sport after some 14 years away from any shooting, I had the opportunity to visit the Vic Police rifle club today.

I was warmly welcomed and introduced to what the discipline is all about.

I have a .308 which is suitable for F-Class standard (once I get my trigger adjusted) and had the opportunity to try it out on their range.

Having been doing load development and some shooting at 100 and 200m at the SSAA range at Little River it was quite an eye opener to try out my rifle at 600 and 700 yards.

The help and advice I received from Andrew there was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent there.

It looks like F-Class (standard) is going to be something that I will enjoy, and I am looking forward to getting further involved.

Cheers from a newbie, John.

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Welcome to F-Class John. Glad to hear you're in with some good people at Werribee. Might see you there on Sunday.

Alan

Woody_rod

#3 Postby Woody_rod » Wed May 06, 2009 8:59 pm

John,

Welcome (back) to shooting. Hope you enjoy your time in f class. Rifle shooters are very likely to be helpful when seeing a new face, especially if you want to shoot!

CodeBasher

#4 Postby CodeBasher » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:34 pm

Sure are... Many thanks to the Albert District guys who are helping to get me started.

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”