Hope my jacket still fits.

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

scott/r

Hope my jacket still fits.

#1 Postby scott/r » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Boy, I'm looking forward to this weekend. It'll be the first time I've shot off my elbows since the first week of December. The new barrel is run in and I'm happy to settle on a load I found on the weekend. The scope is back on the shelf and the sights are all cleaned and ready to go and I've got to admit, I'm chompin at the bit to start shooting for scores instead of groups. And to top it off, it looks like I'll get to do it while on a road trip to cessnock visiting family. Couldn't be better....... I just hope my jacket still fits after chrissy.

johnk

Re: Hope my jacket still fits.

#2 Postby johnk » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:26 pm

With the extreme hot weather, you can expect a certain degree of shrinkage of the fabric.

scott/r

#3 Postby scott/r » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:09 pm

I think I'll hold onto that , John, until I try it on .haha.

Gerard

#4 Postby Gerard » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Yea, similar thoughts here. It seems my other half Caroline may have used the wrong fabric conditioner as all my clothes have shrunk recently. Strange, because I didn't realise she washes my shooting jacket.

lonerider43

#5 Postby lonerider43 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:31 pm

mine was getting tight back in august.
ill be lucky if i can get the buttons and holes to come together :(
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

argh

#6 Postby argh » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:08 pm

scott/r wrote:Boy, I'm looking forward to this weekend. It'll be the first time I've shot off my elbows since the first week of December. The new barrel is run in and I'm happy to settle on a load I found on the weekend. The scope is back on the shelf and the sights are all cleaned and ready to go and I've got to admit, I'm chompin at the bit to start shooting for scores instead of groups. And to top it off, it looks like I'll get to do it while on a road trip to cessnock visiting family. Couldn't be better....... I just hope my jacket still fits after chrissy.

Strange, my belts all seem to have shrunk in this hot weather. :roll:

If your on you way down to Cessnock, your always welcome to pop over to Gosford and have a shoot here mate.

Cheers
Adrian

scott/r

#7 Postby scott/r » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:50 am

I've threatened to come over and see you a few times while I've been down there, but never had the time, unfortunately. Even more unfortunately, we aren't heading down now, so I'll have to take a rain check thanks mate. I see you've been shooting well and you can't be far off a grade. It's good to see.
Scott.

argh

#8 Postby argh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:43 am

Hi Scott, always welcome down here, and I reckon we might even have a harder range to read the wind on than North Arm. I'm not shooting too bad at the moment, won my first A grade prize at the NSDRA Comp yesterday (a range second, but it was a prize), and I have noticed your charge up the ranks, loosing the scope was a good choice hey?

Cheers
Adrian

scott/r

#9 Postby scott/r » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:29 pm

Yeh, I've heard it's a tricky bit of dirt to read. I'm hoping to be down for the nsw queens so you guys were in the itinerary. And yeh I'm enjoying the sling and jacket a lot. I've been pushing myself to try and keep up with f standard scores. The new barrel may help me to reel Benny in a bit.haha probably not, but you've got have goals.

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”