Reloading from the shoulder - different Stock/Action combos

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

scott/r

Re: Reloading from the shoulder - different Stock/Action com

#31 Postby scott/r » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:48 pm

Gerard, have you seen what's being talked about in the F/TR section. I think you may be interested.

Josh Cox

Re: Reloading from the shoulder - different Stock/Action com

#32 Postby Josh Cox » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Gerard,

A rooted barrel is easily replaced, in doing so you get exactly what you want.

Gerard

Re: Reloading from the shoulder - different Stock/Action combos

#33 Postby Gerard » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:58 pm

I am extremely thankful to Beaudesert RC facilitating and Ryan in particular for letting me try a Barnard PE in Gemini Stock.

I spent some time configuring it and could roughly achieve what I'm after. Not quite as comfortable as my Angel in timber stock, but then I have been tweaking that set up for a year now and only had the Gemini for a couple of hours.
I was indeed able to load from the shoulder, but did have to move my head to some degree when the bolt was fully opened (I don't have to move it with the Angel).
Given the Barnard will be an upgrade (more parts interchangeability and a sweet trigger) I think its worth the compromise and have decided to go that road and buy that setup. I listened to the advice here and thank everyone for their input here and via email. So in parallel to practicing with reloading from the shoulder I will also learn to take it out of my shoulder and re-position after each shot (just in case I'm lucky enough to shoot bisley style some day, but also a very useful skill to have in the event of slow target marking or such).

This is an excellent forum, thank you all!

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”