Best manufacturer for a new PRONE jacket and TR Mat?

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

Gerard

Best manufacturer for a new PRONE jacket and TR Mat?

#1 Postby Gerard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:37 am

Well, its that time of the year again :)
My favourite time of the year in fact, as this is when I get to draft a wish list of items and then pressure my other half into buying one for me!
She, does the same..so its all fair!

I want to add a high quality PRONE jacket to my list and wanted to ask which model is the one to go for.
Will possibly go for tailored, if the price won't get me evicted.

I notice that a number of the A-Grade guys have Monard jackets with their names stitched on, looks flash but are they actually better than for example
the Jacobs Jackets that James sells on Triple J ?
I only just found out that the WM jacket in currently using (a gratefully received gift from another TR shooter) isn't actually a dedicated and designed PRONE jacket and as such is looser fitting.

So a new Jacket and also a decent shooting mat is on the list! (My mat is the 70's/80's traditional thin canvas with plastic 'grip' (slip!) surface at the top portion) Every recoil results in elbow slippage, so something with top grip would be better. Its gotta be worth V-Bulls!!! ;)

So any recommendations for Jackets and Mats for TR ?

IamPlayer

Re: Best manufacturer for a new PRONE jacket and TR Mat?

#2 Postby IamPlayer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:01 pm

I can recommend SA Vinyl and Leather ( www.savr.com.au) for a mat, I am using one of theirs and im unable to fault it.

budget

#3 Postby budget » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:28 pm

Hi there as far as mats go anything that has grip and is compact .
Jackets are a personal choice but monard jackets are being even more developed for prone shooting .
They have a second to none policy on defects and will always work with you to make sure their customers are happy. Cannot speak highly enough.
If you are interested email me and I will pass on some phone numbers.
I have no financial interest in monard shooting coats,but would only like to help.
Regards Paul

richmac

#4 Postby richmac » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:37 pm

I also must say I strongly recommend SA Vinyl and Leather ( http://www.savr.com.au). Grants mats are really great and well made.
Grant is a target shooter and he has the right idea when it comes to making mats and also modifying shooting coats,give him a try :mrgreen:

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”