Neville Holt memorial

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

scott/r

Neville Holt memorial

#1 Postby scott/r » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:20 am

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone tell me about this shoot. It's obviously the best shooters in the country, but where and when was it? Thanks.

https://www.nraa.com.au/the-neville-hol ... ial-match/

SuperV

Re: Neville Holt memorial

#2 Postby SuperV » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:41 am

Scott it's a comp at the state teams.

Gerard

#3 Postby Gerard » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:57 pm

Wow, fantastic scores all round and man that is one very strong QLD team.
Would be great to watch a match like that.. and in my case, try learn something.

Which makes me think..
I was plugging the idea to a senior guy at Belmont during QRA Queens, that to grow our sport we should try to make it more spectator friendly (like all other sports do, to attract sponsorship).
With the evolution of E Targets, that is now easier than before and offers several tiers of audience.
Those on the mound with their own devices (laptops/tablets/phones).
Those at home watching live is great (but we could certainly expand on that experience beyond only seeing shots fall on the target, with some indication of wind changes (wind gauges around the mound would be good but potentially an expensive technical challenge) so live streaming of wind flags and the shooters themselves would enrich the experience. If done correctly, hosted/commentated etc we would attract sponsors.
But the larger 'fund raising' potential for clubs, could well be setting up a viewing gallery with large monitors (Digital projectors and screens are very cheap) and offering refreshments. (SSAA at ripley has a small gallery that springs to mind). Of course its expensive to put this together on small (perhaps non existent) club budgets, so investment would likely be required.

But just think.. if we did this we would certainly educate folk, grow our sport and after paying investors off we could be in a position to offer prizes/incentives to our elite shooters that are comparable to those incentives offered in other sports (Golf springs to mind. I.e. Top shooters in the country could potentially become 'professional').

Back to my coffee.. ;)

wilson85

#4 Postby wilson85 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:44 pm

Gerard wrote:Wow, fantastic scores all round and man that is one very strong QLD team.
Would be great to watch a match like that.. and in my case, try learn something.

Which makes me think..
I was plugging the idea to a senior guy at Belmont during QRA Queens, that to grow our sport we should try to make it more spectator friendly (like all other sports do, to attract sponsorship).
With the evolution of E Targets, that is now easier than before and offers several tiers of audience.
Those on the mound with their own devices (laptops/tablets/phones).
Those at home watching live is great (but we could certainly expand on that experience beyond only seeing shots fall on the target, with some indication of wind changes (wind gauges around the mound would be good but potentially an expensive technical challenge) so live streaming of wind flags and the shooters themselves would enrich the experience. If done correctly, hosted/commentated etc we would attract sponsors.
But the larger 'fund raising' potential for clubs, could well be setting up a viewing gallery with large monitors (Digital projectors and screens are very cheap) and offering refreshments. (SSAA at ripley has a small gallery that springs to mind). Of course its expensive to put this together on small (perhaps non existent) club budgets, so investment would likely be required.

But just think.. if we did this we would certainly educate folk, grow our sport and after paying investors off we could be in a position to offer prizes/incentives to our elite shooters that are comparable to those incentives offered in other sports (Golf springs to mind. I.e. Top shooters in the country could potentially become 'professional').

Back to my coffee.. ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnAwRJc7Sw

Have a look at this link mate. I reckon this is what you are imagining. The Norwegians know how to do it! Would be even better if you spoke the lingo!

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”