Does size really matter.

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

scott/r

Does size really matter.

#1 Postby scott/r » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:01 pm

I've just ordered the lense for my new shooting glasses and as usual I got to thinking afterwards about weather I should have gotten the 37mm lense holder instead of the 23mm holder. Any normal person probably would have thought about this before putting money down for the new lense. Anyway, does the bigger lense make that much of a difference or are they more for pistol shooting like the adds say. Or am I better off with the small one? I've been led to believe that the small lense is easier to center with the rear iris?
Thanks

johnk

Re: Does size really matter.

#2 Postby johnk » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:55 pm

Depending on the relation of your head to the sight, you'll likely find that the smaller lens will allow you to acquire your sights through the centre of the lens. The larger lens is likely not to be able to be raised high enough on the frames to do that which will result in some distortion of your vision.

KHGS

#3 Postby KHGS » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:24 am

In this case smaller is better for the reasons John has said. =D>
Keith H.

scott/r

#4 Postby scott/r » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:07 am

Cool, thanks guys.

scott/r

#5 Postby scott/r » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:45 am

I got my lense back from the optometrist and got to lie down in the lounge room with all my gear on and the bolt less rifle last night. You guys were right about not needing the large lense holder as its right up next to the nose piece. Thanks heaps for your comments.

scott/r

#6 Postby scott/r » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:10 pm

Well, what can I say about these new Nobloch shooting frames and a lense that has the right prescription? Bloody brilliant, that's what.
Its got me beat why I didn't do this ages ago. I was worried about not being able to see the screen or the flags with the small lense, but I didn't have a problem with either on Saturday. It did take a bit of stuffing around with having to reset my rear sight and then my handstop to get comfortable again, but it was worth every minute. Thankfully it was a practice weekend so no one else was interrupted to much I hope. I'd recommend this to anyone thinking about getting glasses made up for fullbore.

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”