National Queen's

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

scott/r

National Queen's

#1 Postby scott/r » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:57 pm

What a weekend of shooting I've just had at the Queen's. I had the pleasure of scoring for Jim Bailey all weekend, with Duncan Davies shooting on the next target over. Shooting on the target to the other side was Matt Pozzebon. Then on the targets a couple over on either side were Peter Thurtell, Geoff Grenfel and Ben Emms, let alone all the other talent on the mound. It's amazing what you can learn from these guys buy just watching them shoot. I must admit that I was so glad that I was shooting the best I have ever shot with pb at 800 , 900 and 1000 , just so I didn't embarrass myself. The funny thing is that I never got to watch James Corbett shoot. I say funny because he won the queens. If you ever get the chance to really watch these guys shoot, make sure that you do.

argh

Re: National Queen's

#2 Postby argh » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Scott
Dont do yourself a disservice, talking everyone else up - yours was a great win in B Grade, 5 points clear was it? and considering you only picked up a target rifle and threw the scope away only 2 years ago it's a bloody good effort. I'm sure you will be up there with those names once you get a anywhere near their level of experience.

Cheers
Adrian

LoneRider

#3 Postby LoneRider » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:30 pm

good onya mate. :D =D>
im still learnin TR,but its only been 12mths for me,and i havent got the greatest of kit. :(
no where near good enough outside my club. :roll:
hats off to any TR shooter with good eyes. :cry:

scott/r

#4 Postby scott/r » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:06 am

Don't be mistaken Adrian, I've been been telling everyone I see how good I am.haha.
But seriously, just watching these guys shoot, and I mean really watching them shoot, is pretty cool. The consistency that they have is second to none to any other sportsman around. For instance, when I was scoring for Jim Bailey on Saturday and the score card read vvvvvvvv55. Now those 8 v's where all super centers and included both sighters. And both the bulls where huge a drop off and then a another massive pick up that would have left me scratching my arse wandering what just happened.

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”