Sights for a new TR build

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

wilson85

Sights for a new TR build

#1 Postby wilson85 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:50 am

Hi Everyone,

I have decided to have a new TR built and I am in the process of deciding on the components to put her together with. I have decided on a Barnard for the action, Mastin Stock (offset probably), Krieger Barrel so far.

If anyone can provide some suggestions for sight combinations, with what they find best, I would appreciate it.

Cheers
Anthony

scott/r

Re: Sights for a new TR build

#2 Postby scott/r » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:59 am

I'm using a Canty rear sight and a 22mm cooper front tunnel with a .5 eagle eye.
The Canty has 1/4 moa both ways and has been very comfortable on my eye since I got it. The only drama I've had was when it was new the hex screws kept coming loose in the elevation posts. That meant the windage arm bounced around a bit, which wasn't good for scores. A bit of lock tite fixed the problem.
The tunnel has been great the whole time I've had it. The only problem is that I made the mistake of looking through a 30mm tunnel a few weeks ago, so now I want one of those.
These were all bought from the Q store at belmont so you can see them on their website.

wilson85

#3 Postby wilson85 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Scott. I will have a look at a Cooper sight next time I go to the QStore or when I see a rifle with one on it. I have wondered about the 30mm Tunnels and how they look. I have had a quick look through a Club Members 30mm Right Sight without the rear sight on which looked alright. I will ask to have another look with the rear sight on when I am at the range next. I am pretty sure they use a Canty Rear Sight also.

I will look into the Canty Rear Sights too. Pretty much tossing up between a Canty and a new T Mac.

Does anyone use the Sumo 30mm tunnels? They look like a nice sight!

saum2

#4 Postby saum2 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:09 am

If you are serious, buy a Warner rear sight with a 30mm foresight. (Rightsight or Cooper) you will never look back.

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”