Shooting Jacket

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

scott/r

Shooting Jacket

#1 Postby scott/r » Mon May 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Any idea of where I can get either my existing jacket repaired or a decent jacket made.
I am currently wearing an anschutz jacket which keeps tearing on the left shoulder right next to the sling holder. Mine isn't the only one that I've seen that has done this so it isn't my big strong arms and shoulders doing the damage. haha. I've spoken to the shop that I bought it from less than 12 months ago and they just said that I'll have to get it fixed but couldn't point me in any direction to get it done. The Mrs has tried to sew it up by hand but it just tears open again a couple of weeks later. Any ideas?

Josh Cox

Re: Shooting Jacket

#2 Postby Josh Cox » Mon May 11, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi Scott,

Walden Miller do awesome shooting jackets, tailor fit or off the shelf. Reasonably priced.

Most Saddlerys could possibly fix it.

aaronraad

#3 Postby aaronraad » Tue May 12, 2015 1:24 pm

Pun warning...

Upholstery-furniture/automotive workshops...better known for our sitting position than our prone style

Trampoline repairers...yes they do exist but their service offering fluctuate

Sail makers...are always in the wind

Shade sail fabricators...if you're stretched.

Canvas tent manufacturers/repairs...they might cotton on if you ask nicely.

Hopefully you can find somewhere with a heavy duty sewing machine willing to work for a carton of beer?

Classic alternatives might be to look at altering the design to include a heavy duty zipper, button, velco tab, eyelet & lace, or nylon snap buckle if your shooting rules permit. The idea being you can design patch/gusset across the section of stitching that fails to divert the load away from the stitching to a wider area.
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

bobeager

#4 Postby bobeager » Tue May 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Contact Joe Melbourne in Victoria. He is a shooter and runs a business called Joe Balls Canvas Products. He often brings his sewing m/c to the Vic Queens and does on the spot repairs and alterations. He lives in Avenel Victoria.

scott/r

#5 Postby scott/r » Tue May 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Too cool. Thanks guys, now for some leg work.

mike H

#6 Postby mike H » Tue May 12, 2015 6:21 pm

scott/r wrote:Any idea of where I can get either my existing jacket repaired or a decent jacket made.
I am currently wearing an anschutz jacket which keeps tearing on the left shoulder right next to the sling holder. Mine isn't the only one that I've seen that has done this so it isn't my big strong arms and shoulders doing the damage. haha. I've spoken to the shop that I bought it from less than 12 months ago and they just said that I'll have to get it fixed but couldn't point me in any direction to get it done. The Mrs has tried to sew it up by hand but it just tears open again a couple of weeks later. Any ideas?

If you go to Belmont,look up Jenni Hausler,I am sure she knows a good canvas repairer.
Mike.

SuperV

#7 Postby SuperV » Tue May 12, 2015 10:57 pm

Hey mate. I'm the Aussie agent for Monard shooting jackets. I can do a customer jacket. I do have a standard in stock at the moment.

scott/r

#8 Postby scott/r » Thu May 14, 2015 4:20 am

Thanks superv, but I've had it repaired. Hopefully it'll stay repaired this time. If not I'll give you a call.

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”