Eagle eye or diopter

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

RMc

#16 Postby RMc » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Barry, the problem with such a low power scope is that it is hard to centre the crosshairs in the middle of the aiming mark when you can not see the rings clearly, with the current sights it is the eyes ability to align concentric rings that allows a low power sight to work.
I have been practicing Optical class lately and something between 12 and 24 power gives good results. You just have to get used to seeing the movement and don't fight it.

Razer

#17 Postby Razer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Why do you need to centre the target with crosshairs?
My thoughts on this would be to have appropriate ring sizes that fit in the front scope lens (or an 'adjustable' fitting that screws on same as a sunshield) which would allow the shooter to still frame the black centre, or target frame, which ever they prefer.
The scope would need to be fixed power to maintain consistency.
Wouldn't that then be similar to looking through a 4x power peep sight?
At each range the front ring could be adjusted to match the sighting area and give you the perfect alignment to suit your personal setting, same as changing foresight rings!!
Just a thought. 8)

RMc

#18 Postby RMc » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Razor, you are now not talking about a scope, but you may as well just increase the size of the eagle eye, and place an appropriate lens in the rear.

i.e. just soup up what we already use.

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”