Cronk rifle stocks.

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

tom1

Cronk rifle stocks.

#1 Postby tom1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Interested in the thoughts of those that have one of these and are used in target rifle. I have an Omark action. What is required to fit the action to the stock. Would appreciate any opinions good or bad . Q Store has these stocks available, does pistol grip , cheek plate and adjustable butt come standard with price or will I have to fork out more coin?

RJNEILSEN

#2 Postby RJNEILSEN » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:54 pm

A Cronk stock would not be my choice. But I am basing that on asthetics only. I believe they are a stable platform and I have seen some extremely tight TR groups shot with them. They are definitely fit-for-purpose, but there are some more attractive ways to go. The Q-store will be able to confirm if the models they have in stock are a drop-in fit for an Omark. The extras you listed are standard inclusions I'm fairly sure.

Cheers,
Ryan.

tom1

Cronk rifle stocks

#3 Postby tom1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks Ryan. I would be the first to admit that they are ugly, but they are about he only stock that I have found that comes close to my budget. I really aren't concerned about looks. I just want it to work. Do metal or skeleton stocks have inherent problems that wooden stocks don't? At the moment I have a Weekes stock that I find heavy , sometimes get a fat lip from my right thumb and do not like how my right hand fits. Does the Omark action fit straight in , or does it require a bedding block?

bruce moulds

#4 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:13 pm

not too sure about the name of them.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

RJNEILSEN

#5 Postby RJNEILSEN » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:51 pm

The Cronk stock is a fabricated steel stock that comes with an aluminium v-block. So no bedding is required. The Q-store will tell you if theirs are drilled to suit a Omark. I am not sure. There are some very good TR shooters who use them successfully. Alloy stocks can be easier to look after compared with a timber stock with glass bedding. The draw back for me of most alloy stocks is the appearance. A beautifull piece of walnut or even a beautifully shapped fibreglass stock beats most machined/fabricated stocks any day. But the Cronk is a budget fabricated adjustable stock that will do the job. There is probably nothing else I could recommend in the price range.

Photo of a Cronk with a Barnard drilled v-block;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/781 ... vblock.JPG

tom1

Cronk rifle stocks

#6 Postby tom1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Thanks again Ryan. Sounds like they are what I am looking for. Doesnt seem to be alot known about them here in WA. I spoke to Q Store yesterday and they put me onto Allan Cronk but he is away until next week.
Value for money they seem reasonably priced, unlike most equipment in this sport and we wonder why our numbers are falling

Aubrey

#7 Postby Aubrey » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Tom

This may be a solution for you - made in Sydney by a club mate on CNC machine.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10712642 ... banner=pwa

Cost about $1250.00

Let me know if you need contact details.
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

SuperV

#8 Postby SuperV » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi tony. Try this bloke. Sid Hart 0410 605 825. He's a gold bloke who has just started making his own sticks.

Range Mum

#9 Postby Range Mum » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:07 am

& a wonderful product too :)
Jenni Hausler
Manager 2012/13 -
Bloemfontein S. Africa
Manager 2012/13 -
FCWC Raton - New Mexico

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”