Shooting Gloves

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

higginsdj

Shooting Gloves

#1 Postby higginsdj » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:38 pm

These items seem rather expensive. Does anyone use alternatives? ie Soccer goalee gloves or "Grappling" gloves. The latter appear well padded across the entire back of the hand and are 1/2 the price!

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/eng/produc ... 7016050006

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/eng/produc ... 7012020002

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/eng/produc ... 7016050019

Cheers

David

Aubrey

#2 Postby Aubrey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Mate
Don't mess around, use a shooting glove or mitt. They are not expensive, I buy a few every year from Creemoor in the USA, last time I looked they were $35 each.
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

RAVEN

#3 Postby RAVEN » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Shooting gloves are designed for a specific purpose
If you are going to punch someone I think those shown would be a good choice
or wear them upside-down would be the other option
In the end you will try to save some money and will end up purchasing what you should have in the first place.

I agree with Aubrey don't muck around.

But then again I shoot F-Class so I'm probably not quatified to comment!
RB :)

higginsdj

#4 Postby higginsdj » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:48 pm

OK, some cheaper options there. Mitt or Glove? I'm thinking mitt since the last time I tried a glove and TR it took forever to get the damn thing off. Is there any downside to a mitt?

http://www.creedmoorsports.com/shop/NRA ... Glove.html

Cheers

David

johnk

#5 Postby johnk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 pm

David,

There was a time when every TR shooter in Australia used a mitt. I can't recall any regular shooter using one in the last five years. As a matter of fact, that was the year I picked up one left on the mound early in the local Queens that never reclaimed.

Talk to the local shooters with cred; look at what's being used on the range. Then, maybe, you'll be convinced to to buy a properly fitted reputable shooting glove & cry only once at the cost.

John

higginsdj

#6 Postby higginsdj » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:24 am

Properly fitted? As far as I am aware there is no one in Canberra who supplies/stocks these types of things! I know what other shooters in the club are using but they can't tell me (definitively) make, model or even size (well make can be determined in some cases).

If I go to say shootenstuff then I have a plethora of gloves to choose from with no obvious signs of difference between them (other than full or part finger) at least from a novices perspective and no size chart. So in the end it appears to be a best guess!

I imagine a full fingered glove would be easier to remove than the 'cut off' versions.

Cheers

David

mike H

#7 Postby mike H » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 am

higginsdj wrote:Properly fitted? As far as I am aware there is no one in Canberra who supplies/stocks these types of things! I know what other shooters in the club are using but they can't tell me (definitively) make, model or even size (well make can be determined in some cases).

If I go to say shootenstuff then I have a plethora of gloves to choose from with no obvious signs of difference between them (other than full or part finger) at least from a novices perspective and no size chart. So in the end it appears to be a best guess!

I imagine a full fingered glove would be easier to remove than the 'cut off' versions.

Cheers

David

Try James Corbet

RJNEILSEN

#8 Postby RJNEILSEN » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 pm

I buy gloves as well as other stuff from this guy on ebay Canada;

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Olympic-Marksman-Equipment

His service is excellent.

Cheers,
Ryan.

SuperV

#9 Postby SuperV » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:50 pm

RJNEILSEN

#10 Postby RJNEILSEN » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:04 pm

SuperV wrote:Try www.supervshooting.com

Sorry Pico. Forgot about you.

Ben Picton also provides a very good service.

higginsdj

#11 Postby higginsdj » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:36 am

Probably a stupid question, but when ordering gloves and slings, as a right handed shooter do I order left hand glove and slings or when selecting this option am I telling them that I am a right handed shooter?

Cheers

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”