THE MASTER DOES IT AGAIN

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

Barry Davies

THE MASTER DOES IT AGAIN

#1 Postby Barry Davies » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 am

James Corbett -- the undisputed master of the target rifle.
Well done James -- is it 24 or 25 Queens? I cannot remember.

And let's not forget David Brewster same points score just 3 centres less than James.
A fine effort David.
If you convert James' score it is a mere 7 points behind the top FS score -says a lot for his capabilities.
And he is still a youngster. :lol:
Barry

Lynn Otto

#2 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:02 am

Barry at presentation James said it was 27 wins, very impressive.

DaveMc

#3 Postby DaveMc » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 am

=D> =D> =D>

jcinsa

Difficult and Fair

#4 Postby jcinsa » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:49 pm

I too am in awe of James Corbett.

I found it interesting that he said he didn't know which was the most difficult range in Australia - Lower Light, or Pontville.

Another veteran Shooter from NSW said to me on the range on Sunday, that in his opinion ( based on 50 years of fullbore competition )
Lower Light is the fairest range in Australia.

He said," It's just a range in the middle of a wide plain, and there's heaps of flags - what more do you want "

John
Argue with a fool, and all the casual observer will see is two fools arguing.

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:04 pm

I don't think anyone would argue that Canberra for example doesn't have more complex wind currents than Lower Light, but what makes Lower Light tough is the speed of the changes in both velocity and direction. Its probably harder on TR shooters than F-Class, because for most TR shooters, their last look at the flags or mirage is quite a while (relatively) before they squeeze the trigger - F-Class shooters can take a last look a couple of seconds before they shoot. I agree John that Lower Light is a very honest range, being so flat and treeless, but sometimes it doesn't tell the truth until its too late :lol: .

Alan

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”