WARA Queens 2009

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

Woody_rod

WARA Queens 2009

#1 Postby Woody_rod » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:34 pm

Hello all,

Just wanted to make some comments after the completion of the WARA Queens, held at Swanbourne.

Firstly, I want to congratulate Jim Corbett on his win at this year. It was great to hear Jim's acceptance speech and his kind words for the WARA meeting, and the West Aussie people in general. Jim and I spoke a number of times about rifles and such things, and it was nice to have a candid conversation with someone with Jim's experience and knowledge. This is no mean feat, as in the wider world, Jim and I are in competition from a business point of view. Looking at the wider view to benefit shooting, as we were at the time, it seems we agreed on many points.

The meeting was very enjoyable, with some trying changing conditions for the lesser shooters attending.

On behalf of myself and wife Linda, special thanks must go to Mary Brown, for her big effort on getting the NEW averages done for F Class shooters in WA. From now on, we hope to see both averages kept from PM's, and divisions for the higher and lower skilled shooters. F Class has a big future in Australia, we want to be there when things happen.

Thanks also to John Harding for giving up his shooting for the entire meeting to run the targets.....not much was said about that. Almost everyone at the meeting (as is often the case) are volunteers. Thanks to everyone that gave their time behind the bar, in the office, on the range and in hidden places to make the meeting happen.

Thanks also to those that came up and spoke to Chris and I after the meeting, for our handicap prize sponsorship for the Grand Aggregate closed handicap. It turned out to be a TR we gave, but we did have an F Class rifle on hand just in case....

Hope to see all the WA F Class shooters at Coollilup in October. I will come and have a go to learn a bit about F Class shooting. Along with my wife, I will probably bring my 13yr old son whom is a budding shooter.

Woody_rod

#2 Postby Woody_rod » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 pm

A few pics from the 2009 WARA Queens

James at position one in the final 20.

The final 20 on the mound at 900y

James being chaired

Dave Mann in the center, winner of the Woody Engineering - actionclear.com.au closed handicap for 2009: a rifle valued at AU$4,000 built by us (CG INCH Action, CG Uni trigger, flexibed bedding block, Pac Nor 3 groove barrel and Richards Microfit laminated stock). Chris Quartermaine on the left (with the convict haircut) and myself on the right. Dave had that look on his face until he left the range that day!!!

Photos by myself and wife, Linda.

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”