Beamhit Shooting Simulator

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

Billy308

Beamhit Shooting Simulator

#1 Postby Billy308 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:02 pm

Hi all,
Wondering if the Beamhit simulator is any easier or quicker to set up and calibrate than a Rika simulator. Looking on the qldrifle site the Beamhit looks to have less wires running around.
Anyone on this site tried one. How much do they run into $$?
Cheers Bill

Peter Hulett

#2 Postby Peter Hulett » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:50 pm

Hello Billy,

I thought somebody from Queensland might have replied by now but in their absence I will have a go.

It has been some years since I used the beamhit but it definitely wasn't complicated. Just connect up a couple of wires and place the probe in the barrel. A bit of time to zero it properly and you are away.

Know nothing about current pricing. Check the QRA.

Cheers

Peter

johnk

#3 Postby johnk » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Sorry, Billy, been offline for a few days.

I've seen both used & the Beamhit seems to be far easier to set up than the Rika. We used it in a workshop with out match rifle team in the leadup to the 2006 nationals.

One thing to be aware of is that the Beamhit receptor needs to be at 10 metres, which can be a focus issue for some scopes. We resolved that by setting the target out at 30 metres (an arbitrary distance related to the building dimension) and the receptor at 10 metres mounted on a chair or low table so you could see the target beneath it. It toook a bit more fiddling for the first rifle to achieve the general laser line, but was a POP for the rest.

Meredith at QRA is the person to talk to on technical issues when she gets back from the festive shutdown.

cheers

John

Billy308

#4 Postby Billy308 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:23 am

Thanks Peter and John
Cheers Bill

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”