airlines

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

macguru

airlines

#1 Postby macguru » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:53 pm

QUESTION. Would airlines give you any grief if you carried a few unopened boxes of projectiles in your checked luggage :) ??
id quod est

Wal86

Re: airlines

#2 Postby Wal86 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:14 pm

macguru wrote:QUESTION. Would airlines give you any grief if you carried a few unopened boxes of projectiles in your checked luggage :) ??

Yes, A friend of mine had an issue once.. The airline was concerned that the packet of projectiles could be put into a sock and used as a weapon...
Last edited by Wal86 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willow

#3 Postby willow » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:14 pm

macguru wrote:QUESTION. Would airlines give you any grief if you carried a few unopened boxes of projectiles in your checked luggage :) ??

As long as you are licenced and declare it prior to travelling then you should be fine. The other stipulation is that it is stored in a lockable container and the ammo cannot come loose and roll around freely. I've dealt with ammo seizures at Perth airport quite a bit Andrew.

macguru

#4 Postby macguru » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:22 pm

i was just talking bullets, not ammo?
id quod est

mike H

#5 Postby mike H » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:01 pm

macguru wrote:i was just talking bullets, not ammo?

There should be no problem if going into checked in luggage,I have taken projectiles to USA and NZ without trouble,to be sure contact the airline prior to travel so that you know all is well.You have to understand that airline staff may not be as understanding as us regarding ammunition and may confuse projectiles/bullets as loaded ammunition.I wouldn’t attemp to put them in carry on baggage.
Mike.

Tim L

#6 Postby Tim L » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:18 pm

I had mine in carry on, i was just asked to put them in my checked baggage.
What state are you going from/to. In WA projectiles are ammunition and need to be locked up, but for air travel they are just inert bits, BUT it all falls to the individual you end up dealing with.
Imo if you pack them as per state firearms legeslation dictates and put them in checked luggage you will break no rules or laws and need say nothing at checkin. Same with cases. The airline is only interested in assembled rounds, which you need to declare.

bsouthernau

#7 Postby bsouthernau » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:06 am

mike H wrote: ......You have to understand that airline staff may not be as understanding as us regarding ammunition and may confuse projectiles/bullets as loaded ammunition.

Not only airlines Mike. I once had my local police ring me after the post office handed a perfectly legal parcel of bullets over to them. All was well after I went down and showed them what was inside.

Return to “General Forum”