RCBS Chargemaster

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

johno

RCBS Chargemaster

#1 Postby johno » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:32 pm

i have a rcbs charge master combo 1500 electronic powder dispenser, recently the on/off button on the touch pad has stopped working . has anyone else had this problem is it an easy fix,or where can you get them fixed does anyone have any advice, thanks

sungazer

Re: RCBS Chargemaster

#2 Postby sungazer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:03 pm

You could stop by Australian Reloading and trade FB page a Mark Grainger sells a lot of them probably grey import he seems to service them as well.

Tim L

#3 Postby Tim L » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Are you sure its the button?
Mine failed to swich on but the power supply was still chucking out voltage. It turned out to be a bit of corrosion on the negative terminal on the Chargemaster. Quick scrape with a needle file and all good again.

6.5x55ai

#4 Postby 6.5x55ai » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:41 am

The scales part of mine died. Contacted RCBS who informed me they do no servicing of the Chargemaster (badge engineered Chinese poo) and as mine was out of warranty I had to buy a replacement scales. I disected mine but cannot remember much details of the key pad except to guess at this point it is a membrane type good for several hundreds of thousands of operations ha ha, otherwise a throwaway component. Worth you pulling it apart though yer never know.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”