nraa funding of overseas shooting

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

lonerider43

Re: nraa funding of overseas shooting

#16 Postby lonerider43 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:29 pm

AlanF wrote:I would like to apologise to TR shooters for any inference that they are implicated in any unfair allocation of funding. As most of you will realise Bruce Moulds's attitude is not typical of F-Class shooters. Some of us may think that the NRAA needs fixing, but we have no quarrel whatsoever with TR shooters.

its what i expect from scopies on here allan.
i am one of 2 [sometimes 3] TR shooters in my club,the rest are scopies [and my friends] and none of us cares who shoots what,as long as we are shooting.
all i read on here lately is how to make a new better wheel,but wtf,if you guys/mary's arent happy,start your own club.
theres plenty of gov funding to go around.nobody says you have to be ssaa or nraa.
i dont get what the problem is with you lot ......
sometimes,its not all about YOU.
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

macguru

#17 Postby macguru » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:01 am

Sounds like you guys are upsetting each other for no good reason. Funding is a complex issue but the pie has to be sliced many ways, you need to make a study of it unemotionally and maybe this is not the way to start. As for F class in comm games or olympics good luck with that....
id quod est

AlanF

#18 Postby AlanF » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:55 am

If you nominate for an overseas team representing your country then you do whatever it takes to prepare in every way, including funding. If you don't have the initiative to do that, then what sort of team member will you be?

Personally I think this is a minor issue, which has been raised as another "bag the NRAA" stir.

Wal86

#19 Postby Wal86 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:13 am

And we wonder why membership is in decline!!!

Pete

#20 Postby Pete » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:02 pm

lonerider43 wrote:
AlanF wrote:I would like to apologise to TR shooters for any inference that they are implicated in any unfair allocation of funding. As most of you will realise Bruce Moulds's attitude is not typical of F-Class shooters. Some of us may think that the NRAA needs fixing, but we have no quarrel whatsoever with TR shooters.

its what i expect from scopies on here allan.
i am one of 2 [sometimes 3] TR shooters in my club,the rest are scopies [and my friends] and none of us cares who shoots what,as long as we are shooting.
all i read on here lately is how to make a new better wheel,but wtf,if you guys/mary's arent happy,start your own club.
theres plenty of gov funding to go around.nobody says you have to be ssaa or nraa.
i dont get what the problem is with you lot ......
sometimes,its not all about YOU.

So lonerider43 you are offended over a few individuals opinions, that wrongly (in my belief) placed a majority of shooters into one basket, that is certainly your right......
Then you go and do the EXACTLY the same thing yourself, but MORE so..... Good work champ lol

I'll just leave it at that, other than one would hope the infighting will shortly cease and the bigger picture of shooters protecting their collective sport will be the focus.
Below is the real issues facing us.....
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -use-in-us

lonerider43

#21 Postby lonerider43 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:10 pm

So lonerider43 you are offended over a few individuals opinions, that wrongly (in my belief) placed a majority of shooters into one basket, that is certainly your right......
Then you go and do the EXACTLY the same thing yourself, but MORE so..... Good work champ lol

no pete,not offended.more disappointed.

ps: i wasnt suggesting that anyone shoot threw,i was just suggesting that there is no need to be stuck with the two options we have.
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

Old Trev-39

#22 Postby Old Trev-39 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:52 pm

United we stand, divided we fall.
Cheers,
Trevor.

GSells

#23 Postby GSells » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:54 pm

I’m a little reluctant to comment, but just for the record . I love and feel honoured to watch and be on the same target as some of our best Tr Guys . Some of my good friends are Tr Guys and I totally respect them and there skills !

Also just for the record, it was the ( well one of the best ) things I’ve was so honoured to do in my life , was to wear the Green and Gold for my Country, with the best bunch of blokes and lady ! Very humbling. And I hope that the administration will one day entrust me with the honour again !

For me , money didn’t matter , I would do it again in a heartbeat, tomorrow in fact if I could !! Happy to be self funded and also very,very thankful for the sponsors ( Amp and Kg ) that jumped on board.

It’s all good !!
Regards Graham! :D

SunnyCoast 5r

#24 Postby SunnyCoast 5r » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:21 pm

Perhaps the way to avoid this entire debate is just have more transparency so everyone can see where the funding comes from; where it is spent; and how those decisions are made.

This is not a criticism of any of the people who give up their time to administer our sport but more a response to various comments made recently that increased feedback to ‘members’ would be appreciated (eg FTR projectiles; FS trigger weight change; funding; ATR magazine lack of recognition of FO or FTR success with a cover image; etc).

Tim L

#25 Postby Tim L » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:09 pm

Peter Hulett wrote:There is Government money available for those who are selected in overseas teams but generally you have to apply for it. If shooters (whether TR or F-Class) are going to sit back and wait for the gravy train then they can forget it. Start with contacting your State Sport and Rec department and then move up to Federal level. Believe me "the harder you work the luckier you get".

Peter, I tried long and hard both before and after the WCs and could not find any source of govt funding for either teams or individuals. Not at State, Federal or from the various institutions that exist to provide such support.
Wherever I found something that looked like it might apply, further reading removed it as a possibility. If you know of a source then could you please share.
Rgds
Tim

saum2

#26 Postby saum2 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:55 am

Tim L wrote:
Peter Hulett wrote:There is Government money available for those who are selected in overseas teams but generally you have to apply for it. If shooters (whether TR or F-Class) are going to sit back and wait for the gravy train then they can forget it. Start with contacting your State Sport and Rec department and then move up to Federal level. Believe me "the harder you work the luckier you get".

Peter, I tried long and hard both before and after the WCs and could not find any source of govt funding for either teams or individuals. Not at State, Federal or from the various institutions that exist to provide such support.
Wherever I found something that looked like it might apply, further reading removed it as a possibility. If you know of a source then could you please share.
Rgds
Tim

Tim,
http://www.sport.vic.gov.au/grants-and- ... ts-program
Mike Waites & I applied for and received this funding for the last FCWC development squad. It's probably only for Victorian athletes but it sure does help with costs leading up to a major event.

If any Victorians are reading this and are planning to travel to Perth next year, get motivated and apply. (although I had issues with the VRA, I got my funding eventually) No-one is going to apply for you.
Geoff

Tim L

#27 Postby Tim L » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:51 pm

Rebel105 wrote:
Tim L wrote:

Rgds
Tim

Tim,
http://www.sport.vic.gov.au/grants-and- ... ts-program
Mike Waites & I applied for and received this funding for the last FCWC development squad. It's probably only for Victorian athletes but it sure does help with costs leading up to a major event.

If any Victorians are reading this and are planning to travel to Perth next year, get motivated and apply. (although I had issues with the VRA, I got my funding eventually) No-one is going to apply for you.
Geoff

Thanks Geoff,
There is a similar funding program in QLD but it's restricted to under 18 and indigenous elite sports people. No argument from me that they should get that help btw, but nothing seems to be available generally for Queeslanders.

Return to “General Forum”