ATR magazine name change

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

bruce moulds

Re: ATR magazine name change

#16 Postby bruce moulds » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:25 pm

lonerider,
yes it costs, and that prevents some.
this might be part of who promotin is aimed at.
we don't want fullon pissheads there, or druggies either.
no point in promoting to those in hormone drive.
youth and those with young kids might be a waste of money, while a slightly older demographic might offer more.
but that is no reason to give up.
plus we need to make ourselves look normal in the general public.
some suggest prs is an option, but what does their gear cost, plus the gymnasium requirement to do well.
not trying is to guarantee failure.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

lonerider43

#17 Postby lonerider43 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:54 pm

i agree advertising will help,adding yet another class to the list,may help.
Target Rifle - Optical Class [OC]
Service Rifle Target Shooting
Field & Rimfire Class Target Shooting [FCTS & RCTS]
Match Rifle Target Shooting [MR]
Long Range Black Powder Target Shooting
F Class Target Shooting [FC]
300m ISSF
600 &1000 Yd International Bench Rest

having the shooting mobs and pollies pushing the cause would be a big help,as would,i feel, the truth about port arthur and media stating what act was committed by an illegal firearm instead of lumping us all together and making lgo's the scapegoat.
all this however isnt going to get nuts behind butts.
i dont know what will,but a small group on an anonymous forum isnt going to do squat.
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

DannyS

#18 Postby DannyS » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 pm

Lone rider, I don’t believe cost is the issue. You don’t have to spend thousands to have a suitable rifle etc.

Other sports are expensive ie fishing, waterskiing, motorcross, clay targets etc an yet plenty of people participate in them.
Last edited by DannyS on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

bruce moulds

#19 Postby bruce moulds » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:17 pm

ok, forget the stubby holders.
keep safe,
bruce.

Steve N

#20 Postby Steve N » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:24 am

bruce moulds wrote:ok, forget the stubby holders.
keep safe,
bruce.

Don't forget the stubby holders! I reckon I'd get half a dozen.

Barry Davies

#21 Postby Barry Davies » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:02 pm

bartman007 wrote:We can lead the change, it just takes one State to do so, and the others will follow. Look at how our F Class Winners now get a chair beside the TR Winner.

Hi Mike,
I was at the presentation both days at Glenrowan but must have looked away at the crucial moment when the F class winners sat beside the TR winner. Despite having the highest representation ( again ) it appears that F class must remain the poor cousins. [-X :evil:
Barry

bruce moulds

#22 Postby bruce moulds » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm

now barry,
this is no tome to get bitter and twisted.
keep safe,
bruce.

DannyS

#23 Postby DannyS » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:15 pm

Unfortunately Barry, I think it will take many years before F Class is considered equal to TR, and in the meantime F Class will be there just to make up the numbers.
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Barry Davies

#24 Postby Barry Davies » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:02 pm

As I said on another topic -- maybe it's not that we require new disciplines, maybe it's just discipline that is needed. It seems to me Danny that TR is the one making up the numbers with F Class in the majority. I have no problem with TR, but I do have a problem being treated, at worst, unequal, and at best something to be merely tolerated.
Persons in a position to do so -- take note, it might be a good place to start improving some images.
Barry

Tim L

#25 Postby Tim L » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:47 pm

lonerider43 wrote:im being realistic here bruce.
add up the cost of a scope/rifle setup that a new shooter could expect to fork out.[and be competitive] with out rests, rear bags and reloading equipment.
then think about the target audience.gen y,gen now,gen me.possibly with 2 kids,a mrs,a mortgage and bills.
now ask yourself if getting on the piss [as they do] with their mates or doing family stuff on a limited budget is going to convince them to stop having fun and spend thousands on a target rifle.
this sport is pricing itself out of existence
now ask yourself why shooting sports membership is on the decline....

But shooting sports membership isn't on the decline, its increasing; as is firearm ownership.
A target rifle costs less than a car, a boat, a jetski or a motorbike. I've seen pushbikes that cost more than my rifle.
People are spending more on PRS rifles than we do on our gear.
It's not that people aren't shooting or aren't spending because they most certainly are. The question is why are they not choosing to spend or shoot with the NRAA?
NR who? Is probably a big chunk of it.

bruce moulds

#26 Postby bruce moulds » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:15 pm

tim,
nrA they think.
nraa sounds like nra.
nra = ar15, m16, school shootings, concert shootings, theatre shootings, assault rifles, and so on and so on.
something clean and refreshing like ssaa is where they go.
we can retain nraa as a name and correct the perception, or change the name and sidestep the perception.
if we change the name, a major press release to that effect, and why, would be the beginning of the planned promotion.
which will cost more?
keep safe,
bruce.

Matt P

#27 Postby Matt P » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:54 pm

Barry Davies wrote:
bartman007 wrote:We can lead the change, it just takes one State to do so, and the others will follow. Look at how our F Class Winners now get a chair beside the TR Winner.

Hi Mike,
I was at the presentation both days at Glenrowan but must have looked away at the crucial moment when the F class winners sat beside the TR winner. Despite having the highest representation ( again ) it appears that F class must remain the poor cousins. [-X :evil:
Barry

Barry
A strong united National F Class Association could fix such problems, but everytime it's suggested there's always a reason why not.
Unfortunately we're all part of the problem, if F Class stopped turning up at OPM's that think F Class is there to support the TR prize table, they'd soon change their tune or run at a loss.
This is what it may take for some to take notice, imagine what the numbers would be if F Class didn't turn up to a Queens ??
Regards
Matt P

sungazer

#28 Postby sungazer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:59 pm

The decline of TR is actually amazing i was looking at Queens results and the number of TR shooters in 2014 for instance was enormous to what it is now. That rate of decline should also be taken into account by all.

bartman007

#29 Postby bartman007 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Yes Barry, I gather Glenrowan may need a little prod to ensure they give All Winners equal recognition. After all, we paid $35 entry too!
Number of shooters in TR and F-Class per day:
TR Day 1 = 27
FC Day 1 = 48

TR Day 2 = 22
FC Day 2 = 39

TR entries = $1,715
FC entries = $3,045

I agree Matt, that we are supporting these events and we should be given equal billing.

My previous reference was related to the Queens Series where our F Class now sits out the front. A big step forward from where we were! Now we just need to get the front page of the magazine to reflect same, or at least do away with the outdated image of a TR Shooter. We need a more exciting image on the front page, to lure potential members to look deeper into our sport.
###

Return to “General Forum”