new guy

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Savage 7mm

new guy

#1 Postby Savage 7mm » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:11 pm

New here, bit about me I have a savage 110 in 7mm rem mag which I have had for a little while and have it just about sorted out, is pretty good now so I am having a go at F open at my local range and learning all about it and having some fun. Not going at it too serious tho, I am using bipod and rear bag but still enjoying it none the less. Hope to learn some more on here and look forward to contributing in the future.

AlanF

Re: new guy

#2 Postby AlanF » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Welcome aboard Savage. There is a huge amount of knowledge shared here. Use Search to look for subjects of interest, or just ask on the appropriate forum. 7mm Rem mags have been used by a few in F-Open, so you may get some advice for reloading. You'll need to run light loads on some ranges because of energy limits - your chambering is easily capable of exceeding 3500ft-lb.

Savage 7mm

#3 Postby Savage 7mm » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:35 pm

cheers mate, I used a doppler to speed test mine and it came up at 2490 fps, interestingly the ballistics program I use only matches the scope turret clicks at 2650 fps but either way I don't run a 'hot' load, it shoots nice as is so not much point mucking with it I think.
I use 180g sierra match king HPBT and have them reloaded by gold coast reloading, might gear up and do them myself as driving to warwick to pick up is a bit of a pain.

Steve N

#4 Postby Steve N » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:08 pm

You have come to the right place for the right info to get you going. Plenty of posts to go through from plenty of top shooters with some great advice. If you have any questions ask away there is always someone glad to help out a new guy!
I think I may have met you at the Beaudesert Rifle Club and if so you are on the right track to do well.
Steve.

Savage 7mm

#5 Postby Savage 7mm » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:56 pm

cheers Steve yeah I remember you, your scores are always very impressive.

Return to “General Forum”