Oakwood electronic targt prices?

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

flatsix

Oakwood electronic targt prices?

#1 Postby flatsix » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:48 am

Looking at these targets, but can't get a reply out of the manufacturers (never a good sign!) about price, best guess is around $US5K.

Has anyone got any better price detail, and/or used them. Or something better?

Oakwood targets

Thanks

Brad Y

Re: Oakwood electronic targt prices?

#2 Postby Brad Y » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:05 am

First I have seen of them, but not impressed about +/-5mm accuracy. I'm certain that all other systems in use here would offer better than that. Even our kongsbergs when in a totally refurbished state have measured average accuracy around 1-2mm. Funny thing about emailing Europe, they all must be rude as hell because I cant get any emails back from Kongsberg in Norway!

flatsix

#3 Postby flatsix » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Yep, damn annoying when you can't get a response, just have to spend my tin on something else I guess.
Cheers

ger

#4 Postby ger » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Wot's wrong with the other ET's available in Australia? Or should I not ask?

Geoff.
Ozscore.

flatsix

#5 Postby flatsix » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:45 am

Happy to look at all options, its not for an F class range as such. Three options with it are.

Want to be able to do testing of my own gear at various ranges, load development at distance etc.

Possibly use it for small field firing group activities instead of plates

Hire it out for weekend use.

This oakwood target looks like its portable, won't take up to much room in the back of the wagon.

Main thing is the sensors are low on the mechanism and it could either be dug in 200mm or a steel plate put in front to catch strays (no hard target template required where we are).

What are the other options? which can cope with a bigger cone of fire than the usual f class standard.

Thanks

Return to “General Forum”