Hi Guys n Gals

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

SixtyOnePointSix

Hi Guys n Gals

#1 Postby SixtyOnePointSix » Tue May 09, 2017 4:57 pm

I'm new here, from WA. I've been shooting and reloading for nearly 20 years, mainly hunting, a little bit of field rifle, and even got into handgun for a few years. I had a long range rifle built last year in 6.5x55 40* Ackley Improved for the purpose of having some fun on steel out to and a bit beyond 1km and playing in F-Open at Busselton range. I've always loved internal and external ballistics and made myself a student of it, and enjoy the complexities of LR shooting and the challenge it brings. So far I've had my rifle printing 0.11MOA calculated at 100 metres while fire forming with a fox shooting oriented load (85gr Sierra HP over 55.2gr Re17), I'm still searching for a load that shoots close to the same in a 140 class pill. I do have a number of loads shooting around or under .5, I just haven't found a consistent reliable load yet, working on it. I lookforward to learning from the guys that have been doing it for a while. Cheers!

plumbs7

Re: Hi Guys n Gals

#2 Postby plumbs7 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:29 pm

Welcome mate ! I too love the physics side , it's good putting a theory out there and then putting it to the test . Then to find out that it did work for once lol!
Have fun and just keep chipping away at it .

Regards Graham Dalby Rc . 8)

johnk

Re: Hi Guys n Gals

#3 Postby johnk » Tue May 09, 2017 5:51 pm

plumbs7 wrote: I too love the physics side

Sick buggers! :D

Return to “General Forum”